The Breakfast

A/N: As usual, I would recommend putting the video on loop.

Dressed, she waited out in the entrance part of the home. Her hands were folded in front of her, and her thumbs rubbed against one another. She heard him moving about in his room, and she hadn't been waiting long, though; it certainly felt like she had been. That, however, had been because of the memories of earlier. Waking up next to him and being pressed against him were definitely images that she couldn't get out of her mind.

It wasn't until his bedroom door opened that she broke out of her thoughts. He had his black trousers, white tunic, black leather belt and boots on. Part of his hair was tied back with a black cloth string while the rest of it felt loosely around his face, but it didn't appear messy. Strapped to his side was his sword, and seeing that made her feel a little bit safer for when he would be on his own. She hoped that Jacob and/or Hester wouldn't attack him. If they did try another stunt, if they even had been responsible for the first one, which was likely, she hoped that it wouldn't be anything violent, but she didn't know. That was what worried her.

His right hand patted the hilt of his sword, and he gave her a reassuring smile. "I'll be alright." Her eyes looked up to him, and she nodded a little bit. Emorie closed the rest of the distance between them and held out his right hand to her, which she took without any hesitation.

"Are you going hunting later today?" she glanced up to him out of the corners of her eyes.

"No." Visibly, her shoulders relaxed, and he smiled when he noticed. "I'll be tending to my crops and the hares, so I'll be home all day." When his eyes met hers, he squeezed her hand a little. "I'll still be careful. I'll have my sword near me at all times. I won't let them corner me."

As he opened the door, she stared down to her feet and released a soft sigh before she averted her eyes back up to his. "I know, but I ..." Almost, a pout greeted her face, but she pushed it aside and wore a more worried expression. "It'd be better if we didn't have to worry about this."

"But, we do, and we'll get through it. I'll be supporting you through every step of the way." His hand gave hers a light squeeze, and she smiled up to him before the two of them left the residence and walked out onto the street. Emorie closed and locked the door after them before he led her down to her home.

People already were on the main street and getting their mornings started, but both of them focused on one particular business. They didn't look over to it, but they were well aware that the smithy already had its two occupants in it. Her hand squeezed Emorie's tighter, and she was tempted to press herself against him, but she didn't want to create even more of a scene for Jacob to stare upon. Still, she practically could feel her childhood friend's eyes on the two of them, and it sent an awful chill up her spine.

Thankfully, it didn't take them long to reach her home, and she opened the door softly. Both of her parents directed their gazes over. Her mother was at her loom once more while her father worked on preparing a simple breakfast of onion and broad bean soup with a loaf of barley bread. Her father looked them both over before he smiled and motioned them inside. Emorie paused until (d/n) motioned with his left hand and offered, "Why don't you stay for breakfast? There is enough for the four of us. Besides, I want to ..." (D/n) stopped himself when he noticed the raised brow of his wife. Normally, (m/n) wouldn't use such a gesture since it was unladylike, but in this situation, she felt it fair. "Ah, never mind. I'm sure that you two had a fine night."