Epilogue Part Two

A/N: As usual, I would recommend putting the video on loop. 

And, thank you to all of you for supporting this series and for reading the prequel! I've appreciated all of the library adds, votes and messages, and I hope that you enjoyed the prequel! This will be the last book in "The Infectious Series," and I'll definitely miss writing for the series. At the same time, I think that another book may stretch things out too much, and I do have other story ideas that I wish to explore. With that being said, a new book will be posted in the near future. I hope that all of you have a good evening/afternoon/morning, and I hope that you enjoy this last chapter ^-^!

Not right beside a stream but a little bit away from it, there was a wooden cabin made from the pines that made up the large forest. Around the structure were a couple of fences for animals and a small clearing, which allowed the family some space from the many trees. Despite this, the trees were very beneficial. They hid them from travelers on any roads or paths that might be nearby, and they were deep enough in the forest that they didn't receive too many unexpected visitors, if any at all.

Besides that purpose, the trees helped build their home and provided them with firewood in the winter. Truthfully, they had picked an ideal spot to start their family. There was enough wildlife and plants within the woods to feed the mother, and given the capabilities of the father and son, they could find food for themselves in less than an hour or two of running. Not to mention that this applied to traveling in several directions.

At first, things had been difficult. They had no shelter except that of lying under rocks from the rain and eventually snow in the colder months. The trees helped but only so much. Her husband worked as quickly as he could in building them a house some distance from the stream so that they would have readily available water for cleaning and for her to drink.

There also was her husband and son's need for food. While the forest met her needs for nutrition, they often had to leave the forest for their food. Thankfully, it wasn't too often since one human could last them one to two months. That did make things a bit easier and made her conscience rest a little with ease. She also adjusted her schedule to fit her husband and son's. Only after a month of being born, he only woke up at night, and he would need the same amount of food as her husband, but he wouldn't need any more than that for the day.

Still, changing her routine to being up at night and asleep during the day wasn't simple for the first week. Often times, she wouldn't be able to fall asleep quickly, and she would be up, which resulted in her being exhausted at night. Her husband had told her that she could take her time or not adjust at all and that he was fine with her being up during the day, but she refused. She'd miss so much if she did that.

Once she was adjusted, though, she was fine, and she even found some time to weave once her husband managed to find sheep and help her construct a loom. She didn't question where he got them from, but they would need new clothes eventually to accompany the few they had. Never did she ask, but she had a feeling that the clothes came from the people her husband killed. So, it was nice to have their own clothes and not have that weight attached to them.

Getting the animals on their land did take awhile. First, there was one sheep, and over time, her husband brought others. There also were chickens and rabbits in their own pens too eventually. Having the animals gave her husband a break from hunting constantly and allowed them to spend more time together due to them all tending to the animals. Of course, they already spent a lot of time together, but it eased her husband's mind since he didn't have to leave his wife and child on their own. Soon, their son would be hunting with him too, and he hoped that she would be alright on her own for a little bit.