The Consolation

A/N: As usual, I would recommend putting the video on loop.

If his heart could beat out of his chest, it probably would. All of the negative possibilities that had infiltrated his mind didn't happen. Rather, (f/n) was holding his hands tightly and telling him that she loved him regardless of what had happened. She still wished to have a family with him even if their child, or children, would be like him. There was no more worry about her leaving him and him acting out in turn, and having that concern gone opened up a gate of immense relief.

He could feel tears trickling down his cheeks, and he didn't care if he was being vulnerable in front of her. Her words were far too sweet, and they strung all the right strings in his heart. It would be an understatement to say that he was surprised by her reaction. Even if he had been considerate and caring to her before to win her affection and slowly worked her emotions to be against Jacob, he hadn't expected her to have become this loyal to him. What he had to do to survive now, what he looked like, she accepted it; she still loved him. Honestly, it made him mentally laugh joyfully of how successful his plan had worked. Outwardly, he cried out of happiness, and every single tear was genuine.

Feeling her hands give his another squeeze, he smiled through his tears before he noticed just how cold she really was. Against his skin, her hands felt like ice. It didn't bother him. In fact, he appreciated the coolness of her touch, and he wanted more of it, but he knew that having such cold hands wasn't good for her. Gently, he removed his hands from hers before he wrapped his back around hers. Emorie pulled her closer to him so that she stood between his legs.

"You're freezing, (f/n)." His words came out smoothly as he managed to calm himself somewhat. He watched his nails glide gently over the top part of her left hand, but she didn't flinch.

Rather, she chuckled softly. "Sorry." She stared down to her feet momentarily before she looked back up to him. "I saw a glance of a figure, and I didn't want to waste time." (F/n) smiled, and a few joyful tears escaped her eyes. "I'm glad that I went into the woods."

Once more, his heart skipped a beat. "I'm grateful as well. I'm happy that I came down finally when you called me." Again, he had her to himself, and she even was willing to give up everything for him. He would've been happy with how things would've been before he had been killed, but this was just as grand since she hadn't rejected him. Yes, he'd rather not eat people or have to tell their child, or children, that they'd have to kill humans, but he had (f/n) by his side, which made that fact more bearable. Regardless, he didn't want her health to deteriorate because she had been too distracted by him to dress properly. Unlike him now, she remained affected by the cold.

"But, I still don't want you freezing out here." Slowly, he stood up before he pulled her closer to him so that she could take some of his body warmth. His eyes glanced up towards the sky. It was dark, but he figured that the sun might come up soon. He shouldn't keep her for too much longer that evening, but he also didn't wish to let her go; he wanted to run off with her then and there, but he still had Hester to take care of. Even now, he wanted her to suffer for what she did.

Besides, (f/n) probably would want to settle things in the village first before she left with him, and he did have plenty of food for awhile, especially once Hester was dead. So if she wanted to stay in the village and with her parents even longer, he could wait since he already knew that she would follow him when they did have to leave. That would mean that they'd have to wait to have a child, but he could wait for that too. They still had their whole lives ahead of them, and he would make sure to keep her safe.