The Visit

A/N: As usual, I would recommend putting the video on loop.

Needless to say, she had no issue with using the shears for trimming. Thankfully, she had caught her mistake before her father had shaven off all of his beard and mustache. That did leave him with an interesting beard and mustache, though, for awhile. There was a streak of clean-shaven skin going across an otherwise trimmed face, and she had a hard time holding back her laughter. Her father still noticed the upturning of his daughter's lips, however, and he grabbed the razor again to finish his shaving while he signaled her to go back to her weaving.

When she went back to her loom, her mother had an amused smile on her lips, and (f/n) smiled in return since her mother did try to hide her smile from time to time. It was more polite even if she did enjoy seeing her husband get flustered once in awhile. The two of them, though, worked mostly in silence while they waited for (d/n) to finish and continue with dinner even if (f/n) did want to get her mother's opinion on Emorie. Then again, her mother really hadn't talked to him yet, which made her curious why her parents were so okay with her going over there.

Maybe, it really did have to do with Jacob, and them not wanting her to spend time with him anymore. They also seemed worried about Jacob's jealousy, but she still didn't see Jacob harming either one of them, especially a knight, and Jacob and she still were good friends. Hopefully, he really would respect her wishes even if he seemed worried about Emorie's intentions.

Perhaps, she was being silly accepting an offer to go into Emorie's home after knowing him for so little, but she couldn't deny the opportunity either. She had waited so long to see him, and she now could, even more so than she ever could've hoped. Maybe, Emorie understood that, but there remained the fact that he hadn't taken advantage of her at the stream. Yes, he might be waiting to get her into a more private setting, but the village was small. If there was a problem, she could run to get help or scream. Someone would hear her, and she knew that more likely than not someone would come.

She broke out of her thoughts, however, when her father entered the room. He gave his daughter a playful glare before he lightly pushed her head forward. The action didn't hurt, and she simply smiled in return. (D/n) grumbled something under his breath, but it was again playful.

Silence fell over them again while all of them worked on their tasks. It was a peaceful silence. There did remain the sounds of her father preparing the soup, and her mother and her working their looms, but they were all used to such noises that it could've been completely quiet around them. (F/n) focused on weaving together the light blue skirt, but her mind also went back to wondering about her visit with Emorie. She forced herself not to think of Jacob trying anything. Ultimately, a part of her didn't want him showing up and telling her more about what Emorie might try and do to her. A warning only could remain a warning for so long before it turned into a somewhat irritating form of worrying.

Nearly, she released a sigh at such a thought, but she held it back and concentrated on more positive prospects, like how her night with Emorie would transpire. Her cheeks heated at the thought, especially when she recalled how she had helped trim her father's beard and mustache. There were moments where she had to lean in front of him, and her face was close to him at other points. She probably would have to do the same with Emorie. Almost subconsciously, her right hand went up and played with the glass locket, which held the fabric, around her neck. That certainly was something she never would've expected to happen with him.