XLIX. The Future

The Next Morning

     "Are you sure you don't wanna come along with us?  You could learn a few things

"Are you sure you don't wanna come along with us? You could learn a few things." Johnny asked me.

I laughed and shook my head. He told me last night, before we "watched a movie" that he's making the kids work with cement stuff.

So I kindly rejected to be involved in child labor.

"I already told you that I'm gonna go to Daniels for the day. Plus I haven't been over there in a while." I said as I put my coffee in a cup with a lid so I could take it with me.

He whined and came up behind me, hugging me from behind. "But Ill miss you." He said as he laid his head on my shoulder.

I smiled and put my hand on his head and kissed his cheek. "I'll miss you too, but this is good practice. I'm starting work soon so I won't be able to be at the dojo every day anyways." I said to him.

My previous boss recently emailed me saying the date that I was going to start working, I have a couple weeks until I begin to work.

He sighed and lifted his head back up. I turned around in his embrace. I put my arms around his neck.

He just stared into my eyes for a bit

He just stared into my eyes for a bit. "Is there another reason why you're not coming?" He asked me. The smile I had slightly lowered.

"You know the answer." I said plainly. He waited a couple seconds before nodding.

I mean of all people, he's the one who knows I have a strong disliking for Kreese.

"I just don't want him to stop you from coming to the dojo. I mean I can get why you'd be scared of hi-" He was going to say.

"You think I'm scared of the asshole?" I asked as I furrowed by brows. His eyes widened, he looked amused.

"That old man doesn't scare me. He couldn't do or say anything to me to make me scared." I said confidently.