LXIV. Constant Worry

One Week Later

    I checked my texts to Johnny again

I checked my texts to Johnny again. Still nothing.

No reply.

No checking in, nothing. Where could he have gone?

I'm worried sick about him. I haven't seen him for a whole week. He's never home when I get home.

I keep thinking to myself that maybe I had scared him away. I shouldn't have texted him that.

I buried my face into my arms, resting my head on the cold table of the doctors lounge.

I just was drowning in my worries about him. Did he leave me? All these questions in my head overwhelmed me. I already had so much to worry about.

The more I thought, the more tears would pour out of my eyes.

"Serena?" I heard Ali say behind me. I got up immediately and forced a smile on my face, wiping the tears off my face.

"Are you doing ok?" She asked and took a seat next to me. I've told her about Johnny and my situation, and about the unexpected pregnancy.

"I'm fine." I said emotionless. I don't really like causing too much attention.

It's been a week since Miguel has fallen into a coma. Me and Ali are doing the most we can to keep him alive and stable.

This whole week has just been hell.

Ali smiled warmly at me and patted my shoulder. "I'm sure he's ok." She says to me. I told her about me and Johnny, she remembered us breaking up in our senior year so I had to catch her up to speed.

I just nodded, then she went back out of the room.

It was the end of my shift, so I just grabbed my stuff and left for home.

I made my way to the front of hospital and my phone began to ring. I immediately took my phone out and read who was called me.

It was Daniel. I sighed and sat on the steps outside of the hospital.

"Hey Daniel." I said to him.

"Hi Serena, have you heard from Johnny yet?" He asked me. I sighed and shook my head, starting to tear up.