XXXVIII. Nostalgia

The Next Morning

      I slowly was starting to wake up, still holding onto Johnny

I slowly was starting to wake up, still holding onto Johnny. His arms were wrapped around me, it was just like how we were back then.

I lifted my head to get a good look at Johnny. He was sound asleep-He's always looked so cute when he was sleeping, so peaceful.

I leaned my head closer to him to kiss his cheek. He then opened his eyes and smiled widely.

"Morning." He said in a quiet voice. I smiled and propped my head up on my hand. "Morning." I said as I brushed my hand through his hair.

He leaned into me and kissed me on the lips, giving me a sweet and passionate kiss.

We pulled away to look at each other, just enjoying each other's presence.

"What time is it?" He then asked. I shrugged as he turned around to check his phone.

He read his phone, "Ah, it's 9 am." He said calmly and then turned back around to face me.

"Do you have somewhere to be?" I asked. He smiled and shook his head.

"Thankfully, no." He said as he then grabbed my waist and pulled me closer to him. I giggled as he hugged me tightly.

He kissed the top of my head as he cuddled me. "I missed this." He said softly into my ear.

I smiled, "Me too." I said as I looked up at him from his chest. He smiled and then brushed through my hair. I then lowered my head back to Johnny's chest.

I didn't go back to sleep, I don't think he did either. We just sat in silence for a little while.

I chuckled to myself, "Do you wanna know why I actually dated Thomas?" I asked him as I looked back up to him.

He smirked, "Why?" He asked with a small chuckle.

"Because I was so upset that day at the park when you told me that you were dating 4 girls. I wanted to tell you that I rejected Thomas because I wanted to be with you, but you had interrupted me like the kind gentleman you are." I said with a smirk.

His eyes widened, "Wait, so you originally wanted to be with me??" He asked in shock.

I smiled and nodded, "Are you kidding, I've always wanted to be with you." I said with a smile.

He smiled and held me closer, "So, you're saying we could've been having these nice mornings, waking up next to each other, this whole time?" He asked me as he stared at the ceiling.

I smiled and nodded, "Yep. If only you didn't tell me you were dating 4 girls." I said playfully with a laugh. He chuckled and shook his head.