XXIII. Back to Where it all Began

2018, October

     I got off the plane and grabbed my luggage

I got off the plane and grabbed my luggage. I have to catch an uber to get to one of the closest dealerships so I can get a rental car.

I made my way outside, I felt the nice ocean breeze on my face. I missed this place.

I stopped in front of a car, the person inside rolled up their window. "Serena Wright?" The uber man asked.

I smiled and nodded. "Hop in." He said.

I got in the back seat as the man put my luggage in his trunk for me. He closed my door even though I was already reaching for it. "Thank you." I say.

"No problem." He said with a kind smile. I smiled and took my phone out.

"So do you have a preference for a dealership?" He asked before taking off.

"I mean I wouldn't know, I haven't been here in 30 years. Just take me to the best one please." I say. He nodded and began to drive.

We drove for about 30 minutes, at least some music was on. It was pretty awkward.

I texted my mom to tell her that I landed:

me: Hey mom! I'm in LA now, I'll tell you when I'm on my way to your house. 😊

mom: Yay!! Cant wait to see you hun!! Love ya!

me: Love you 2😊💖

"Alright, we're here." The driver said. I put my phone back in my pocket and got out a $20 bill. "Thank you!" I say happily as I gave him his money.

He smiled and nodded. I got out and got my luggage. The driver drove away and I was now looking at the front of this dealership. Wait a minute.

The dealership read LuRusso. Could that be Daniel?? I don't know many LaRussos, unless this is Graces?

Wow, that would be so cool to see them again!

I smiled and walked to the building. I opened the door and walked in. It looked great in here.

"Hello ma'am, welcome to LaRusso Auto Group." A man said to me with a smile. I smiled and nodded.

"Hello, yeah I just got here and I'm looking for a rental. Do you guys have those?" I asked. He smiled and nodded.

"We sure do! Follow me." He said as he began to walk somewhere.

"Um this store is called LaRusso, what's the owners name?" I asked out of nowhere. The man gave me an odd look and proceeded to walk.