LVI. Still Have Time

A Week Ago

(Johnnys POV)

(Johnnys POV)

Tommy and I were sitting by a fire, away from Serena and the others.

"Today was fun, Johnny." Tommy said as he took a sip of his beer. I smiled at him.

"You still got some moves, man. You should stop by the dojo sometime." I told him with an encouraging smile.

He looked at me and grinned. "Yeah, right. Just like the good old days." Tommy said with a slight chuckle.

There was a pause, just the crickets chirping and the sounds of the forest in the night.

"Man, where'd all that time go?" He asked without a smile. I looked down at the fire.

"I don't know." I said quietly.

"You and Serena, you guys are really good for each other

"You and Serena, you guys are really good for each other." Tommy said as he looked at me.

I smiled as he said that, I nodded. "Yeah." I said.

"I never ever really found someone like what you have with her." He said softly as he looked in front of him.

I just looked at him. "You gotta make sure she stays, she's perfect for you John." He said as he looked at me.

"I know how it feels to love someone and have them leave before you know it. It's all about commitment. Yeah you too are dating now, but you need to start thinking about the future." Tommy said.

I looked at the fire again, "How do I pursue that?" I asked him.

Tommy smiled at me, "Prove to her someway that you love her." He said to me. I smiled and looked over at Serena.