TWENTY SIX

This has to be the first time in her life that Gianna is feeling underdressed. Old Gianna would have bodied events like this. Elegance and style was her forte. She blames Ashton for making it seem like it's a small and intimate event. But then again Gianna should have known better after all Kaylee also always called events that need cocktail dresses, suits, and dozens of waiters, a small and intimate gathering.

"See you later princess."

Before she can turn around, Nico has disappeared from behind her. She breathes out in frustration as she is now standing alone scanning the hall for Ashton's familiar face. Another thing that's foreign, feeling like a stranger in events like this, this was usually her scene.

"There you are."

Her eyes move to the corner of the room where she sees Ashton looking dapper in a black tux approaching her with a big smile on his face. A smile breaks out on her face, relieved to finally see someone familiar.

"Hey," She says as he leans in for a peck. She tilts her face to the side so he places a peck on her cheek. "I am afraid I am a little underdressed." She says honestly with a shy smile on her lips as she gestures at her green sundress.

"Nonsense, you look beautiful," Ashton says, placing his arm at her back. "Let me introduce you to some of my friends."

~~~
"For someone who claims to hate it here, you sure spend a lot of time attending these events and dressing like the people you hate," Nico mutters, resting on the counter of the bar.

George lets out a low laugh, without turning to the side she already knows who it is. She empties her glass of vodka with one large gulp before speaking. "Know it all, judgemental and up to no good." George finally looks to his direction. "Oh, it's Nico?" She feigns surprise.

Nico chuckles.

"You look good, jail time looks good on you."

"And you look good too. By the Cartier watch and you being here shows Uncle hasn't cut you off yet. So haven't stuck it up to the man, always knew you are all bark and no bite."

"Fuck you Nic! I can't afford to be opinionated when he pays my college bills. Some of us have a future you know."

"You are in college? Wow."

"Don't act so shocked asshole. I am not a nerd like you but I am okay." Gorge rolls her eyes. "What are you doing here anyway?"

"I came to collect. I do recall you owing me one or two favours."

Before he was sucked into the lives of the elites of Purple's Ville, there were just a few things Nico and his siblings were only allowed to know about their family. Their grandfather was a rich asshole, who made his three sons compete for his wealth and the eldest (Uncle) obviously won. He lives uptown, he is a bad man and they were all expected to hate him.

They didn't know they had another cousin from their father's side other than twins. Imagine Nico surprise when he heard there was another Bailey when he started a new high school.

He and Georgina hit off immediately. She helped him become popular and in return, he showed her what's like having a huge family. It has always been her and her dad, and she hated it. She was excited to meet her cousins.

Nico's mum didn't like having Georgina around; it was like having Uncle around. Being a curious person, Nico felt like had to know who Uncle really was and why everyone was so scared of him. George wanted to find out why her dad hid his family from her, so they partnered up. Well, let's just say it didn't end well.

They found out things they shouldn't have.

"Ugh, what do you want?" George asks in a bored tone.

~~~