FOURTY ONE

"You need to calm down, it's probably nothing that serious." Gianna tries to ease Nico's mind even though she herself is mentally panicking. She tries not to allow her thoughts wander because she needs to be present to calm him down.

"Jamal is stalling on he information which means he wants to ensure I'm not on the road when I hear it. So, it's definitely serious." Nico says as they zoom past Purple's Ville Welcome sign.

She doesn't know if it's possible but she can swear that she can hear his  heart beating.

Instead of assuring him everything is going to be alright as she as been since the beginning of the drive, she puts her hand on his. Showing him that no matter what happens, she is right here for him.

After a few minutes driving downtown, they stop in front of the Bailey's house. The Bailey's house that's usually avoided by people of the town, like it's hunted is now filled with people.

This can't be good

Gianna heart is beating twice as fast; She looks over to the driver seat which is now empty.

She didn't notice when Nico got down and sprinted for the house.

All Gianna can think about during this situation is the deja vu she's feeling. It reminds her of her sister's death. But instead these people are replaced with guards with suit.

She hopes this is nothing like she's imagining.

~~~

Even though he tries to ignore it, Nico already knows what's happened but he needs confirmation.

After pushing through the crowd of people gossiping on what might have happened, Nico finally makes it inside the house. He walks into the sitting room.

Just one look at a teary eyed Beth anxiously trying to get David to stop crying was enough to break Nico's heart into a thousand pieces.

His eyes moves to Sarah whose face is buried on Jamal's sweatshirt crying.

He suddenly couldn't feel his legs, didn't know when he fell to his knees, staring at the empty chair Jacob used to sit.

It's Jacob, he's gone.

He cannot breathe, he has forgotten how to.

No no no, this cannot be happening.

Just as Jamal notices Nico's presence so does Sarah. Sarah stands up and attempts to lung at Nico.

"This is all your fault! You killed him!" Sarah yells as Jamal holds her back.

"Sarah please don't say that," Jamal tries to calm her down.  "You don't fucking mean it."

"No, I do. he's the reason why my brother is dead. First mum, now Jacob,"

Nico is still lost in thought, he can barely hear the accusation hurled at him.

"Sarah stop that right now!" Beth yells. Her voice sounds so fragile, like it's breaking. The hurt and the pressure to stay strong can be heard in her voice. Beth voice catches David who was already calming down of guard, he starts crying louder. 

No, no no

He cannot let his thoughts go down this path. He cannot allow himself drown into sadnesses when his sisters need protection more than ever.

He will not stand for this, anyone who did this must pay. He cleans his already tear stained cheeks before
raising to his feet.

Nico rushes down the hall heading to the basement where he mindlessly searches for his gun. Finding it in his drawer, he races back upstairs.