FOURTY

"I think we have lost them." Nico says looking at the rear view mirror as he slows down.

Gianna breathes in relief, she looks back to be sure before speaking, "Thanks," she says.

"No worries, I love a good car chase and I must say, you brother have quite a temper." Nico says referring to the time, he shot at the truck multiple times.

"He is insane. I bet if dad finds out he shot at me, he'll be dead." She sighs as her tense shoulder relaxes.

"Good thing we are close to my brother's place."

The continue driving, with Gianna looking at the back repeatedly. At a point, Nico holds on to her hand to assure her they are safe.

~~~

"I remember that guys face, but I cannot put my finger on it." One of the guard says as they walk into the mansion.

"Shut the fuck up, I need to think!" Gio snaps. He stops walking to take a deep breath, he preparing himself for when he will have to tell his dad about his failure.

After a second, he breaths out and walks into the house. He walks into the sitting room where Alexander is seated with a disappointed look on his face.

Of course, he already knows.

"Dad, I-"

Alexander interrupts him. "You are so fucking useless aren't you?"

"Look dad-"

He continues. "I should have seen your worthlessness the day you were born. A fucking dog will be more useful than you."

Gio is already teary eyed, he tries to mask it with a frown. "It's not fault-"

His father knows the exact words to use to get him unhinged. Like it's Alexander's super power.

Alexander stands, "Then whose fault is it. You couldn't do a simple fucking job, you had her and you let her escape."

"It's not my fault your fucking slut of a daughter is running around town with a guy."

"Remember this Giovanni," He speaks slowly with each word. "All. This. Is. Your. Fault."

Gio swallow hard. "She doesn't want to be found. You need to see the way she ran when she saw me. She has forsaken our family and I'm pretty sure is for that guy."

"Who's this fucking guy you keep talking about?"

"I couldn't get a good look at him."

"Of course you couldn't," Alexander says sarcastically. "Thank God I didn't tell your mother you found Gianna, her hopes would have been high."

"Find her and find this guy, before I loose my patience with you." Alexander says before he walks out.

Gio's tear rolls down his cheeks, he cleans it immediately. Once his father is at a safe distance. He carries the face on the glassed table and throws it on the ground.

It sends the helps rushing in.

"Sir, what happened?" One of the asked.

"Mind your fucking business and leave my sight!" He yells.

He groans out loud. "When I find that fucking bitch, I'll kill her myself." He turns to look at the mess he has made. "Greg!" Gio yells.

One of them guards comes rushing in. "Sir Gio,"

"Find someone to run those fucking plate number and let's fucking find that bastard."

Greg still stands there shaking, he looks like he is about to say something but he doesn't.