THIRTEEN

Gianna thought yesterday's dinner was awkward but now she is sitting for breakfast, she soon realizes nothing can beat this moment. Everyone is eating in silence.

"The syrup," Nico calls out to Beth who is closer to it. Nico is seated on the kitchen counter as always.

Beth shifts it to Jacob's side, "If you want it badly, ask Jacob to throw it to you." Beth looks up at Nico and gives him a small smile. 

Nico lets out a short annoyed laugh before he speaks, "Could you..?" Before completing his sentence Jacob sends the packaged plastic flying towards Nico's direction. Nico is quick to catch it.

"Thanks," Nico says with a tight smile before pouring it on his pancakes.

"Well, since you are giving things to each other, why not give an apology as well?" Beth says.

Nico clears his throat before he speaks, "I am sorry you have a stick up your ass."

Gianna bits her lips preventing her from laughing.

"I am sorry that you are an arrogant asshole." Jacob counters.

"And all is right with the world again." Sarah says sarcastically.

"I am not going to be in shop today, it's just going to be you and Mark."

Nico nods.

"Where are going?" Sarah asks.

"I am going somewhere with someone."

"How vague," Beth comments.

"Do we know her? Is it a date...?" Sarah and the twins start questioning him until they leave for school.

~~~

"The blue hoodie makes your eyes pop." Gianna says standing near the door frame of Jacob's room. Taking her advice, he drops the white hoodie on the bed and walks back to his mirror to put the blue one on.

"Can I come in?" She asks with a smile.

"Yeah,"

Gianna walks into his room for the first time ever. She scans his little room. His room is simple, grey coloured and neat.

"You clean up nice." She teases, appearing behind him on the mirror.

Jacob smiles as he turns to face her. "I want to apologize for yesterday, you shouldn't have seen that."

"Family drama, I am familiar with it." Gianna says as she stretches her legs to help him adjust his hood.

"And also for acting like a jerk yesterday morning,"

"I get it I was fraternizing with the enemy," Gianna says in dramatic way as she takes a seat on his neatly laid bed.

Jacob laughs, "That's one way to put," He walks over to get a brush for his breads. "Still, I shouldn't have acted that way."

"Apology accepted. So are we cool?"

"Yeah,"

"Good, because I really want to know who the guy is that has you all dressed up." Gianna teases.

~~~

"How is that supposed to be a butterfly?" Gianna yells at Jonah who cowers back to his seat.

They are all playing charades in exception of Jacob who hasn't arrived from his date.

"Relax, darling." Nico says slightly amused, "It's just a game."

She is competitive and he likes it.