THIRTY SEVEN

"What the fuck happened over there? I got fucking Beth telling me that the gang's loyalty is only extended to me. You were supposed to talk to them as well." Nico tries to control his voice as he speaks into his phone. He doesn't want Jamal to feel he's ordering him around but Nico is really pissed.

"Yeah, we were supposed to meet up at the gang's hangout spot but your sister played me and talked to them alone. Not my fault bro," Jamal replies.

"Set up a meeting on Friday, I want them to know who's really in charge. Tell them if they want to make real money, not the scraps Rudy gives them, then they should hear me out."

"Why Friday?"

Nico pauses, takes the last step on the stairs before speaking, "I am going out of town this night with Gianna, need to clear my head."

"Hold up wait- hold the fuck up, nah bro, it's impossible."

"What's impossible?" Nico chuckles.

"Have you seen her? That girl is way to hot to have fallen for charms, hell no." Jamal says in disbelief.

"Well, I am pretty charming." He smugly says.

"Oh please, it means I would have had a chance if I worked up the courage to ask her out."

"Keep dreaming buddy."

"Oh I do dream of her, she's usually not wearing-"

Nico interrupts him. "Shut the fuck up man, don't talk about her like that."

"Ooooh," Jamal coos, "Don't tell me you fucking like her." He teases.

"I am going to fucking hang up now."

"Do you have a fetish or something for rich daddy's girls?" Jamal continues.

"Fuck you," Nico hangs up before Jamal can lay into him further.

Nico walks to his bed and throws his phone on it before he could take off his shirt, Beth comes walking down.

"What the fuck do you want again Elizabeth?" Nico throws his hands up in frustration.

"We need to talk about-"

"There's no we, I tried to bring you into the plan but you just can't hide your shadiness can you?"

"No one wants to be apart of your fucking plan doofus. Because unlike yours mine is not to cause instability in my family's lives and put them in danger."

"Oh, yours was just to fuck Rudy until something magically happens to him and you have power." Nico moves close her. "It would have never worked, because they don't see you as anything other than Rudy's whore."

Immediately he finishes his sentence, she sends a punch directly to his nose.

Nico's head falls back, as the pain begins to take effect. "Fucking b-" He sends his hand flying to her cheek immediately.

Beth gasps, she puts her hand on her cheek in reflex. "You bastard!" She yells before lunging at him.

~~~~~

"Time out!" Nico calls out, letting go of his sister's arm to catch his breath. "time out," he says again panting.

He has forgotten how freakishly strong she is. Since they were kids, anytime they had a physical fight, she always wins.