Part II| When Words And Actions Don't Add Up

"You and me, we're bumper cars. The more I try to get to you, the more we crash apart." —Alex & Sierra.

Chapter Theme Song: 'Bumper Cars' by Alex & Sierra.

Thank you for all your comments and love on the last chapter! :) They made me smile! <3 So here's another fast update for you guys! Much loveeee!••

••

Harmony

Blaze and I sit in silence for what feels like forever. He hasn't said anything at all to me, and I say nothing to him either. I don't want to annoy him because that will only result in him leaving me here alone.

I had forgotten that another reason I hate clinics and hospitals is because of the long periods of waiting with the lame provision of outdated magazines and free coffee. I want to feel sorry for Kite and his fractured rib, but how can I when he was the one who placed me in this position in the first place?

The doors to the clinic open and a pregnant lady ambles into the room with a handbag in her hand. The seats are all taken, and she's visibly in more need of one than I am. I gesture to stand from my chair when Blaze gets up before me.

"You can have my seat," he says to her.

The lady smiles and tells him thanks before she sits in his spot with a tired sigh.

I look over at him as he goes to stand next to the wall, leaning his back against it and gazing down at his shoes, oblivious to my pair of confused eyes.

I thought he didn't care for anyone, but he just got up and gave a lady his seat? While in the eyes of most people that is the normal courtesy for a man to do, Blaze's Sociopathy does not make him empathetic.

But it could just be logic, right? He's in a room with so many people so he deemed it the right thing to do so that no one would find him outlandish. Or could it just be that somewhere deep down, his humanity is coming back?

I've learned from previous occurrences involving Blaze and I, that getting my hopes up tends to leave me with nothing but disappointment, so it's best I just let things be. I should stop hoping and wishing and just let him find himself and his feelings on his own.

"Harmony Skye?"

The sound of my name makes me tear my gaze away from Blaze, who by the way, had noticed me staring at him like that creepy neighbor who keeps looking at him from her porch. But the difference is, my stare was obviously of a smitten adolescent who seemed as if she was fantasizing deeply. That's probably what he was thinking, judging by how his brow had risen and the big question mark on his forehead.

"Yes, I am Harmony Skye." I stand to my feet, and the doctor with wavy black hair and a bright smile extends his hand toward me. He looks to be in his mid-twenties, based on a wild guess. "Dr. Francis, I will be tending to you."