𝐟𝐨𝐮𝐫𝐭𝐞𝐞𝐧. rising panic

❛ ── chapter fourteen
RISING PANIC.

 ❜

          𝐀 𝐖𝐇𝐈𝐓𝐄 𝐒𝐇𝐄𝐄𝐓 𝐂𝐎𝐕𝐄𝐑𝐄𝐃 𝐖𝐈𝐓𝐇 𝐓𝐇𝐈𝐍 𝐋𝐈𝐍𝐄𝐒, black ink littered the page as numbers and equations filled the book. The soft trickling sound of water created a peaceful atmosphere all around, Aera and Suho sat in a café awaiting the others to start their study session. Soo-Jin had brought up the idea to them at school since the three of them went to the same math class, at first Suho had bluntly rejected the idea but Aera had desperately wanted to attend since it was a great way to make friends.

So here they were, the first two to arrive at the café self-studying in peace, that was until a bell chime was heard and from the main door emerged Soo-Ah, Tae-Hoon, Soo-Jin and Jugyeong. The two slowly looked up only to be met by their questioned faces, Aera gave them a soft smile before pacing her pen down.

" What on earth? I though you guys weren't interested, " Soo-Jin said breaking the silence.

" I wasn't but Aera was, " Suho said in his normal monotonous voice.

" Gosh, the three smartest kids in our class are in our study group. " Tae-Joon said shockingly, ever since Aera stepped foot into the school just about everyone had gotten a taste of her knowledge which placed her grades in second place overthrowing Soo-Jin which put her in third.

          " 𝐓𝐇𝐄𝐍 𝐅𝐈𝐍𝐈𝐒𝐇 𝐈𝐓 𝐎𝐅𝐅 𝐁𝐘 𝐅𝐀𝐂𝐓𝐎𝐑𝐈𝐙𝐈𝐍𝐆 𝐓𝐇𝐄 𝐃𝐈𝐅𝐅𝐄𝐑𝐄𝐍𝐂𝐄 𝐎𝐅 𝐓𝐖𝐎 𝐒𝐐𝐔𝐀𝐑𝐄𝐒, " Aera explained to Jugyeong who sat next to her, they were an hour into the study session and everyone at the table were racking their brains trying to get the most out of their meeting but nonetheless proved to be draining. Aera and Suho worked faster than everybody else considering their level of intellect which sometimes concerned Jugyeong, who lacked a whole lot of it, how someone could fit so much into their small heads. " I'll excuse myself to the bathroom, anyone want to freshen up too? " The girl asked those around the table, to which Soo-Jin and Jugyeong agreed to go with her, she got up and pecked the lips of Suho before heading to the bathroom.

Soo-Jin headed to an empty cubicle whilst the other two freshened up, Aera had her hair tied in a messy bun in front of the sink with the tap running. She splashed her face with the running water to energize herself, unbeknownst to her a girl was watching her in awe examining her face from a distance.