𝐭𝐰𝐞𝐧𝐭𝐲 𝐭𝐰𝐨. life's game

❛ ── chapter twenty-two
LIFE'S GAME.

 ❜

          𝐒𝐓𝐔𝐃𝐄𝐍𝐓𝐒 𝐎𝐅 𝐂𝐋𝐀𝐒𝐒 𝟐-𝟓 𝐅𝐑𝐀𝐍𝐓𝐈𝐂𝐀𝐋𝐋𝐘 𝐏𝐑𝐄𝐏𝐀𝐑𝐄𝐃 𝐅𝐎𝐑 𝐓𝐇𝐄𝐈𝐑 𝐄𝐗𝐀𝐌, this was their last exam and also the most important exam for the year. So all-nighters were no stranger to them for the pass few days, Aera flipped through her notes with a serious expression on her face trying to cram any final points she may have missed into her head but was snapped out when Suho grabbed her chin.

" Don't stress out too much, you'll get wrinkles. " He said which caused her to relax before letting out a breathy laugh.

" But you'd still love me with wrinkles right? " She said teasingly which made the boy fake ponder and placing a small kiss on her head.

" Of course, I'm suppose to spent the rest of my life with you. " The girl blushed profusely as she avoided eye contact, the small things he did still managed to get her look like a blushing mess. " Alright alright, I'll stop now. Good luck for the exam ok? "

" You too, " she said pecking his cheek.

The two were too engrossed in their own little bubble that they failed to catch the eyes of Jugyeong burning holes into Aera's back, she was practically sending dagger eyes to her hoping she'd get the message but to no avail nothing happened.

          𝐓𝐇𝐄 𝐒𝐓𝐀𝐃𝐈𝐔𝐌 𝐄𝐂𝐇𝐎𝐄𝐃 𝐖𝐈𝐓𝐇 𝐂𝐇𝐄𝐄𝐑𝐒 𝐅𝐎𝐑 𝐓𝐇𝐄 𝐁𝐀𝐒𝐄𝐁𝐀𝐋𝐋 𝐏𝐋𝐀𝐘𝐄𝐑, Ryu Hyung-Jin's fans had taken up majority of the seats and Aera being one of them. She held onto 2 inflatable batons as she watched the game proceed, the girl had sat beside Jugyeong who sat in the middle of the two of them.

" What did you tell Tae-Hoon though? " Jugyeong asked Soo-Ah, she stopped waving her batons before answering her.

" That it was my grandmother's 80th birthday, " she said cheekily. " Oh, what about you Aera? What did you tell Suho? It's almost surprising how you managed to come out without him accompanying you, " Soo-Ah asked the girl seated on the farthest end from her.

Aera awkwardly smiled before pursing her lips. " I forgot to mention that he was── "

" I wish you the best health, ma'am! " A voice beside them shouted, abruptly cutting her off. The three girls slightly flinched when they had recognized Tae-Hoon and Suho standing there.

──coming. " Aera finished, she knew her boyfriend was going to be late because he had stopped by the convenience to get her extra heat packs knowing she didn't hold up in the cold but she didn't know he was going to show up with Tae-Hoon.

Soon Aera and Jugyeong were in the middle of Soo-Ah and Tae-Hoon's lovers quarrel, they continuously threw fits at each other before eventually making up on the spot. The boy scooted over towards his girlfriend and swooped the box of fried chicken off her lap as he began devouring the oily meat.

Aera tapped on the empty seat beside her offering her boyfriend to sit, he smiled warmheartedly before plopping down and handing her the heat pacts. Jugyeong bashfully smiled and giggled as her cheeks began burning up despite the cold weather, having Suho in such a close vicinity made her heart race and she could barely hold herself together.

They followed the crowd as they began cheering on the player, Aera swayed side to side waving the batons as she took in the joyous energy around her. This was the most fun she's had ever and she had smiled so much her cheeks were beginning to strain, Suho happily watched her as her petite figure bounced up and down.

" Strike! " The announcer boomed through the overhead speaker, the stadium broke into a huge roar as Aera faced Suho and interlocked their hands as she continued jumping from joy. Her small giggles and breathy laughs infected the boy causing him to take the same expression.

Jugyeong turned towards her secret crush and her mood had immediately faltered, she watched as the couple rejoiced as their eyes remained locked. She lowered her hands that were meant to engulf his remembering he would always choose the girl in front of her.

But what was wrong with wanting to be her. She wanted to be the one cheering with him, she wanted to be the one he thought about every time of the day, she wanted to be the one standing next to him having his voice call her his. She wanted to be her, Lim Jugyeong wanted to be Moon Aera. Her perfect life and all, her perfect family, perfect looks, perfect grades and being the perfect person in general.

But what the jealous girl never knew was that the girl she wanted to be wasn't all sun shines and rainbows. She was torn up on the inside, broken into a million pieces that were slowly being patched up. What was so great about being perfect, she'd trade it all for her to have her beloved mom and 'brother' back. To be a complete family again, to feel complete again.

In the end, Moon Aera wasn't perfect.

Because who really is, no one could have it all. She had given up her childhood for needles and machines, growing up in constant excruciating pain never knowing if she'd live to see the next day. Her life was a gamble, an unpredictable game she never wanted to play. But she still had to, not just for her but for everyone else as well.

The truth was, you'd want to be Moon Aera until you are. The more she had the more she had to give, a choice of sacrifice.

" Are you ok? " Suho asked his girlfriend, she was panting as her hands were propped up on her knees.

" Yea, just tired. " She assured him before turning to the others. " Come on guys, the game is over let's go find Hyung-Jin. "

Aera's life was indeed a game, and she was lucky enough to win. But there was just 1 round to a game, Moon Aera was only safe, for now.

# 𝐍𝐎𝐑𝐄𝐋𝐋𝐄 𝐒𝐏𝐄𝐀𝐊𝐒 ! ₊˚ˑ༄ؘ

wait i kind of like this chapter, more jealous jugyeong coming your way hohoho. the beginning was kind of a cute short scenario cuz i wrote that part and forgot about it so i shall bless you with some aera and suho moments. pls vote ! and ty for 100k T-T