𝐭𝐰𝐞𝐧𝐭𝐲 𝐨𝐧𝐞. baseball invite

❛ ── chapter twenty-one
BASEBALL INVITE.

 ❜

          𝐓𝐇𝐄 𝐓𝐑𝐈𝐂𝐊𝐋𝐈𝐍𝐆 𝐒𝐎𝐔𝐍𝐃 𝐎𝐅 𝐖𝐀𝐓𝐄𝐑 𝐆𝐀𝐕𝐄 𝐓𝐇𝐄 𝐂𝐀𝐅É 𝐀 𝐙𝐄𝐍 𝐀𝐓𝐌𝐎𝐒𝐏𝐇𝐄𝐑𝐄, the stained glass allowed pops of color to stand out in the brown, earthy room. Lamps of all shapes and sizes gave the place a yellow undertone and brightened the café, and in the center of laid the couple who were patiently waiting for the other four to arrive.

Their chairs were pressed against each other as their faces were inches apart, their eyes closed shut as their breathing matched in sync. They laid on top of their open books completely discarding their studies for the moment and instead focused on catching up on some shut eye, the boy unconsciously stroked her hair which only caused her to fall asleep quicker.

Suho was undoubtedly a light-sleeper but today he was exhausted as the events of previous nights had caught up to him while on the other hand, Aera was the heaviest sleeper and even a burning fire wouldn't be able to wake her up. Although, these past few nights she had been having difficulties with sleeping thanks to the kidnapping incident that haunted her dreams every time she tried to get some shut eye.

The soft creak of the wooden door had gone unheard off by the two of them as Jugyeong strode in, but paused dead in her tracks when the sight of the sleeping couple fell upon her. The girl felt something inching it's way into her skin, an unsettling feeling that made her heart clench, jealousy. It was jealousy, there was no point in denying at this point that Jugyeong had a massive crush on Lee Suho, the boy that every girl fantasized to be with and the boy that already had someone for him.

In her defense, how could anyone not have a crush on him, the boy was practically perfect and it was impossible not to swoon over him. That was the problem, he was beyond everyone's level, everyone except one. 

She was snapped out of her thought when the creak of the door sounded again and in emerged Soo-Jin, Soo-Ah and Tae-Hoon. This too caused the couple to shift around before finally waking up, Jugyeong quickly plastered a tight smile trying to hid her jealousy but wasn't doing much of a good job.

" Oh? You guys are here already? Let's start them, " Aera said tiredly whist rubbing her eyes.

          " 𝐀𝐄𝐑𝐀, " Soo-Ah said breaking the silence. The mentioned girl perked up at her name, " do you want to go to a baseball game after our last exam? Hyung-Jin is playing, me and Jugyeong are going. " She asked, Aera pondered for a moment before answering.

" Sure, I've never been to a baseball game before. " She whispered to her friend, the boys had left their seats to go to the bathroom leaving the girls to themselves. 

" Are you sure Suho wouldn't mind you coming? I don't want to die in his hands, " Soo-Ah asked before shivering at the though of Suho getting angry. They had seen it a few times, most of the time because Aera was in trouble or hurt and opening that can of worms only meant you were ready for your death.

" It'll be fine, I'll just tell him later at home. " She assured, Soo-Ah sighed out in relief but quickly turned to her making the delicate girl flinch.

" And don't tell Tae-Hoon about this, he'll kill me if he found out. " She quietly warned her just in case, Aera nodded diligently before pretending to zip her mouth shut making the girls around the table burst into laughter.

          𝐀𝐄𝐑𝐀 𝐒𝐓𝐎𝐎𝐃 𝐈𝐍 𝐅𝐑𝐎𝐍𝐓 𝐎𝐅 𝐓𝐇𝐄 𝐅𝐔𝐋𝐋 𝐋𝐄𝐍𝐆𝐓𝐇 𝐌𝐈𝐑𝐑𝐎𝐑 𝐀𝐒 𝐒𝐇𝐄 𝐇𝐄𝐋𝐃 𝐔𝐏 𝐃𝐈𝐅𝐅𝐄𝐑𝐄𝐍𝐓 𝐎𝐔𝐓𝐅𝐈𝐓𝐒 𝐅𝐑𝐎𝐌 𝐇𝐄𝐑 𝐂𝐋𝐎𝐒𝐄𝐓 𝐓𝐑𝐘𝐈𝐍𝐆 𝐓𝐎 𝐌𝐀𝐓𝐂𝐇 𝐀𝐍𝐃 𝐏𝐈𝐂𝐊 𝐎𝐍𝐄 𝐓𝐎 𝐖𝐄𝐀𝐑 𝐅𝐎𝐑 𝐓𝐇𝐄 𝐆𝐀𝐌𝐄. Even though it was still a long way to go until the outing, the girl couldn't wait seeing as it was the first time she was going out with friends.

" This one? Or this one? " She muttered to herself as she switched between two different cardigans, she was too caught up choosing to realized Suho had snuck up behind and engulfed her in a back hug.

" What are you doing? " He asked, his tone slightly raspy from how tired he was. The boy pecked kisses all over her head causing the smaller girl to giggle from joy.

" Soo-Ah invited me to a baseball game with her and Jugyeong after our last exam, apparently someone named Hyung-Jin is playing. " Aera stated making him stop what he was doing, " I'm picking out what to wear. " She finished.

" Is anyone else going with you guys? " Suho asked, he was very interested in the people that were going, more specifically if any boys were tagging along. But thankfully Aera shook her head, " then can I come? " He asked.

The girl remained quiet for a moment thinking if he could before turning towards him and whispering into his ear.

" They didn't say you couldn't so why not, but don't tell them. " Aera said before cheekily laughing, this made the boy's lips turn upwards into a happy grin. " Now help me choose which one I should wear, " she said to before showing him the options.

But the boy didn't pay attention, instead he hugged her tighter as he buried his nose into her hair inhaling the scent of her shampoo. He rested his chin on her right shoulder as the warmth radiating off her body slowly lulled him to sleep before he actually fell into a deep slumber.

The past few nights were tiring for him having to track down the bully and threatening him to apologies but if this was what he got every time after, he wouldn't mind doing it a hundred times over.

# 𝐍𝐎𝐑𝐄𝐋𝐋𝐄 𝐒𝐏𝐄𝐀𝐊𝐒 ! ₊˚ˑ༄ؘ

this is not a drill ! i repeat ! this is not a drill ! norelle has finally updated after a month and giving what she does best. . . a crappy chapterrr ! wohoo i can already see my award for worst author of the year ! vv short chapter but i didn't have anything else to add so i promise the next chapter is gonna be filled with a bunch of aera x suho moments [ to the extent i can add ] and some jugyeong jealous moments so prepare for the drama ;) lol pls vote. . . please