Sixteen

Kevin and Emily kept glancing at me from the rare view mirror, but I ignored them and babbled about different things. We had been driving for about fifteen to twenty minutes now and I was the only one talking.

What can I say, I'm the talkative one.

"... After the kissing booth scene, Viola dressed as her brother and tries to convince Duke to ask her on a date instead of Olivia. But then Olivia tries to make Sebastian-who is actually Viola- jealous by showing fake interest in Duke..." I ranted about the scene Noah missed because of our walk.

Noah listened to me, occasionally nodding his head. "That's a twisted story."

"It's called a love triangle." I beamed and made a triangle with my fingers.

"We are here," Kevin announced when we reached Noah's house and I looked through the window.

His house looked the same as it was three years ago. A small two-story house with few rooms and the lights of the living room were on. His parents must be home.

Noah got out of the car, thanking Kevin for the ride. Before closing the door, he looked back at us and asked. "Um... Do you guys want to come in?"

"Maybe some other time." I beamed. "Bye, Noah."

"Bye Lexi." He smiled and closed the door. Kevin and Emily bid their farewells and we drove towards the road again.

"Oh, and thanks for the smoothie!" I yelled and waved my hand frantically.

He chuckled, shaking his head, and waved back. We continued to do it until he disappeared out of sight.

Happiness bloomed in my chest and I plopped back on my seat. "Tonight was fun."

"Watching a chick movie, sitting in the corner, and driving Noah all the way around... Fun." Kevin snorted.

"Don't be mean, Kevin. Noah is our friend." I scolded him.

"Is he?" He growled at me.

"You were sleeping the whole time, Kevin." Emily giggled. "It shouldn't affect you."

"Yeah." I scoffed, backing up Emily. "And you got to see Ivy divvy drenched in mango."

"I will remember that for the rest of my life!" Kevin cracked up.

"I'm curious how you got Darren to buy those tickets?" I asked, leaning in front.

"He was easy." Kevin chuckled. "I started the topic of football and he kept ranting about it while I bought the tickets. He didn't even notice and when I told him that the other was sold out. He just shrugged and continued babbling." We all laughed at how oblivious he was.

"He seems like a nice guy. I still don't get why he is dating that Viper." I scowled at the thought of her.

"He is nice." Emily agreed and I raised my eyebrows at her. "When he saw I wasn't eating the Marmite popcorn, I told him I wasn't feeling well. He ate them saying that he was starving and could literally eat anything."

"It's a good thing those didn't get wasted." We giggled and after a while, we reached Emily's house. Both of us got out and gave each other a tight hug.

"Bye. I had so much fun!" Emily squealed, going towards her house.

"Bye and tell your parents I said hi!" I yelled as I got in the passenger seat.

Kevin drove the car towards my house and that's when he began his investigation.

"Okay, Lexi. I'm going to get serious here-" I gasped loudly cutting him off.