Forty-four

"You brought me to a...bar?" Noah scrunched his face in confusion, looking at the bar in front of us.

I giggled at his reaction and turned my gaze in front. 'Music Mix' is written in the front with colorful neon lights. I observed my surrounding, and the place looked pretty decent. Few cars were parked in the lot.

"Let's go." I beamed and grabbed Noah's hand, dragging him inside.

"Are you sure about this?" Noah whispered, looking around. "We are underage and it's illegal to go-"

"Noah." I cut him off, looking at his cute worried face. "This bar-" I gestured towards the front door, "- is for eighteen plus and relax, you're safe with me. I'll protect you from any danger, my subordinate." I winked at him.

He squinted his eyes, making an angry face, but the smile on his face gave it away. I laughed, shaking my head, and we went inside.

Soft jazz music played in the background as we entered the bar. The place wasn't packed, but there were many people inside. My eyes roamed the interior, and it was pretty amazing.

On my right, there was a bar, and people stood there, talking to each other. The area on the right was filled with tables and stool and everyone sat there. In front, there was a small stage that had an enormous piano and was decorated with fairy lights.

"Wow," Noah whispered, looking around. "This place is nothing near the image of a bar I had in my mind."

I laughed at his comment and looked at the bar. "Let's get something to drink."

Noah nodded, looking around as we went towards the bar. "What can I get you, kids?" The bartender asked, eyeing us.

"We'll take whatever we are allowed to." I tried to joke, and it worked as he gave me a smile and nodded.

"How did you even find this place?" Noah asked, leaning over the counter.

"I was a poster of this place at the supermarket." I shrugged, leaning beside him.

"I thought I saw someone familiar." I turned at the voice and saw a blonde girl smiling at me. "Remember me?"

"Of course." I returned her smile, and we shook hands. "Elizabeth."

"So you came here, huh?" She asked, then her eyes darted behind me.

"Yeah." I turned towards Noah, who looked between us in confusion. "And this is Noah." I introduced them.

"Ah!" She smiled, extending her hand towards Noah. "The friend you were talking about?"

Noah gave me a side glance. I ducked my head, tucking my hair behind my ear, and squeezed my eyes shut.

She seriously had to mention the word friend?!

"Uh... yeah." I cleared my throat, glancing at Noah. "He's a really wonderful singer and guitar player."

She looked at Noah and smirked. "Really?" She gave a once-over. "I'll be the judge of that when I see him play."

"What's that supposed to mean?" Noah asked, darting his eyes between us.

"Noah." I turned my body, facing him. "Remember I asked you to bring your guitar." I gestured towards his guitar case on his shoulder. "I thought you might want to play here." I smiled, but it faltered at the look Noah gave me.

"Why did you think that?" I blinked at him.

Is he mad?

"I'll let you love birds sort this out-" Elizabeth said, backing away.