Fifty-seven

"You look a mess," Jax mumbled, looking at me from head to toe.

"WTF, are you doing here?" I growled, ignoring his comment.

"I'm here to talk." He said, jamming his hands in his pocket.

"There's nothing left for us to talk about, Jax." I fumed, closing the door in his face, but was stopped when he stuck his foot.

"There's a lot we need to talk about after what happened, Lexi." He said looking serious. "And you know it."

My eyes roamed over his face. There were still bruises because of the fight, and his always sparkling blue eyes looked dull.

"Fine." I huffed, giving him space to enter. "But hurry, I have other things to do." I closed the door as he entered.

"Of course." He gave me an amused look. "Listening to sad songs and cry over your love life."

"Don't push my buttons, Jax, or I'll kick you out," I growled. He put his hands in surrender and went to the lounge with me trailing behind him. I glanced in the mirror on my way and scrunched my face in disgust after seeing myself. He was right, I look a mess.

My eyes were bloodshot and puffy from all the crying, and my nose and cheeks were red as a joker. I glanced at my hair, which I didn't wash in days, sticking everywhere.

I plopped on the couch, and Jax sat on the opposite looking around. "Everything is same here-"

"Get to the point." I cut him off.

He heaved a sigh. "Fine." He gulped, looking straight into my eyes. "I'm here to apologize."

My eyebrows shot up in surprise. "You what?"

"I'm sorry for whatever happened." He mumbled, running a hand through his hair. "I realize it was my fault for asking you that and-"

"You're not the only one to blame." I sunk in my seat.

"But I came up with the offer."

"And I was the one who said yes."

"If I wouldn't have been obsessed over Ivy, this wouldn't have happened."

"And if I wasn't obsessed with you, this wouldn't have happened."

"It was a really stupid thing to do."

"It was." I agreed with him.

"I guess it was both of ours fault?" Jax hesitated, and I nodded my head and sighed. We went silent after that.

I glanced at him, and a laugh escaped my lips. He looked at me in confusion. "Even with all the drama and shit, you still didn't get the girl."

"I didn't." He chuckled. "I wanted to date her so bad that I thought whatever I was doing was right."

"I was with you and did all those things and now here I am, with a broken heart getting punished for it." I let out a dry laugh. "You know what I learned from all of this."

"What?"

"Desperation isn't good for health."

"You are right." We gave each other a sad smile, then my eyes went to his buries.

"Noah did a number on you."

"Yeah." He mumbled, rubbing his jaw. "He was furious and again it was my fault."

"What do you mean?" I crossed my legs, sitting on the sofa.

"I knew he liked you." My eyes grew enormous, and he quickly added. "I mean when we were kids... I didn't know that he wasn't over you."