Twenty-seven

After our classes ended, Emily and I got out of Pinewood high and walked toward the parking lot.

"When did you tell Darren about our plan?" I questioned Emily, I saw Noah and Darren standing beside my car. "We don't have the same class except for Home EC."

"I texted him." She answered looking straight, and her ears turned red.

I looked at her in amusement and teased her. "So you guys text now?"

"Y-yeah well, we are partners and... Yeah." She stuttered. I pinched her cheeks, giggling at her flushed face. "Stop." She murmured, swapping my hand.

Smiling, I greeted Noah and Darren when we reached my car. "Hello, boys. Ready for the best day of your life?" I waggled my brows.

"Definitely," Darren exclaimed looking excited.

"Let's go then." I grinned. Darren opened the back door getting in followed by Noah but I grabbed his arm. "You sit in front," I whispered, he opened his mouth to say something, but I cut him off. "Emily wants to sit with him." I gestured towards Emily, who was already getting in with Darren.

"Ok," Noah said walking towards the passenger seat. 

Smiling, I opened the door of the driver's seat and settled. I switched on the ignition and 'What makes you beautiful' by one direction blared. Noah looked at me in amusement and I gave him a sheepish smile. 

"Old habits die hard."

I got my car out of the parking lot towards my house. Darren started singing with the lyrics and did drumming movements with the beat.

"You're insecure, don't know what for
You're turning heads when you walk through the do-o-or
Don't need make-up to cover up
Being the way that you are is enou-ou-ough"

I looked at him in amusement, he didn't have a pleasant voice but he was having fun, so I sang with him.

"Everyone else in the room can see it
Everyone else, but you, ooh."

Emily looked at me through the rare view mirror and grinned. We all started shouting at the song.

"Baby, you light up my world like nobody else!
The way that you flip your hair gets me overwhelmed!
But when you smile at the ground, it ain't hard to tell!
You don't know, oh-oh!
You don't know you're beautiful!"

I darted my eyes towards Noah, who chuckled shaking his head at us then looked at me. Pointing at him, I danced in my seat.

"If only you saw what I can see
You'll understand why I want you so desperately
Right now I'm lookin' at you, and I can't believe it!
You don't know, oh-oh
You don't know you're beautiful, oh-oh
That's what makes you beautiful!"

"Come on, Noah, sing with us." I encouraged him as Emily and Darren bounced in the back.

"I don't know the lyrics." He lied.

"I know you know the lyrics." I sternly looked at him. "We used to sing all the time when we were kids!"

"Correction. You and Jax used to sing, not me." He pointed out and I gave him a bored look.

"Come on Noah!" Whining I glanced in front, thanking god that the roads were not busy. Obviously, I didn't want us to get killed.

"Noah... Noah... Noah..." Emily and Darren cheered him.