Thirty-four

I parked my car outside Kevin's house and got out, not before looking at my makeup one last time in the mirror. I wore a black full sleeves top, with a leather skirt and knee-length boots. The party was already started as I entered. Music blared in the background.

I went inside and saw a line form in the kitchen, my brows knitted in confusion, and followed my gaze towards the line and saw Darren and Emily in front making drinks.

Emily saw me staring and waved her hand, calling me. "Lexi, come here!" She beamed, looking enthusiastic.

This was the first time I saw Emily happy at a party.

"What are you guys doing?" I wondered and stood with them in front. I watched as Darren made drinks by mixing other things and handing them to everyone.

"Kevin asked Darren to be the bartender," Emily said, looking at Darren, "and I'm helping him."

"Hi, Lexi." Darren greeted me as he passed me a drink. I arched my brow at him, darting my eyes between the drink and Darren. "It's virgin strawberry daiquiri. Em told me like it."

I picked up the drink and looked at Emily in amusement. "Thank you, Em." I teased her. She blushed and ducked her head down, I sipped my drink and my eyes widened. "Wow." I looked at Darren. "This is good."

"Thanks." He gave me a cheeky smile and got to make drinks for others. "I'm enjoying this. Maybe I found my profession." Emily and I laughed at him.

My eyes wandered in the kitchen for Noah, but he was nowhere to be found. "He's serving drinks outside," Emily whispered beside me.

"Who?" I blinked my eyes at her, acting oblivious.

She gave me a smirk, then her eyes darted behind me. "The one you're looking for."

"I wasn't looking for anyone," I mumbled, slowly turned around and my breath hitched when saw Noah entering.

My eyes roamed over his body slowly. He wore a white shirt, sleeves rolled up to his elbow, with a black vest and pants, a red tie around his neck, and his blond hair neatly combed back. He was dressed as a waiter and damn, I'd love to get served by him.

I owe Kevin for this.

"Hi." I greeted Noah as he got near.

He cast a glance at me and nodded his head in acknowledgment. Placing his tray on the counter, he turned towards Darren. "Are they ready?"

Darren nodded his head and placed more drinks on his tray. He picked it up and turned on his heels, leaving. I looked at him in confusion.

What? I just got a nod?

"Something happened between you two?" Emily asked as she curiously looked at Noah.

"No," I muttered, gulping my drink. "I think he's angry because of my message."

"That was stupid what you did you know." She gave me a stern look.

"Don't give me that lecture again, Em." I groaned.

In the morning, I called Emily and told her about my message and whatever happened. She gave me almost an hour of lecture on how stupid I can be sometimes, and now I want to clear things up. After that Jax called asking to pick me up for the party, but I refused. I didn't want dad to meet him and talk, otherwise, dad will get confused and I didn't want him meddling in my mess. It was better if he doesn't know about this. Besides, I was going to end things with Jax tonight.

I know I told him to do it till he gets Ivy, but I couldn't do this anymore.

I placed my glass on the counter and left Emily and Darren working together.