34: Best Bet I Ever Made

"Liam too?" Macy asked in shock. Now that I was laying on Macy's bed in warm, dry clothes, everything was just pouring out of me. "But, couldn't Tiffany be lying? What if they didn't sleep with her? What if they didn't actually tell her?" I sighed.

"I don't even care if they slept with her," a gut-wrenching feeling filled my stomach as I said it, "I mean, Liam is just my friend. Sure, he asked if he could kiss me and told me he liked me, but then he hardly talked to me for an entire week! And yeah, Jeremy asked me to go on a date with him, but he knows I'm not like the cheerleading team, it was probably all just a ploy to get into my pants so he could win the bet."

"Yeah, but if Liam was the one who made the bet as you heard, then why would he give up? Maybe they blew off the bet? Maybe he was ashamed and couldn't stand to be near you," she said while feigning drama by throwing her hand against her forehead. I sighed.

"The only way to know for sure is to ask them, isn't it?" I questioned aloud, knowing that was the only logical answer. "But won't they just lie? If they really cared, they'd try to clear it up with me on their own time." Macy shrugged.

"You're not wrong. Have you checked your phone since you charged it?" she inquired, reaching over to grab it for me. I turned it back on and saw no messages. I gave Macy a smug look.

"See, I told--" Suddenly, my phone blew up with messages and I almost dropped my phone with surprise. I watched as all the missed calls and messages loaded into my phone. Now, Macy looked smug. Since no one else really had my number, they were all from Jeremy. 21 missed calls and 68 text messages, all from Jeremy. Hesitantly, I listened to my voicemail.

First new message: Casey? I noticed you left after half-time and I don't know where you went. The game is over now and I had some post-game date plans... did something come up?

Then, there was a familiar squeaky voice: hey baby, why don't you take me on those post-game date plans? I'm available.

Jeremy's voice returned: Fuck off, can't you take a hint? Do I really have to write 'not interested' on my forehead? For fuck's sake... Anyway, Casey, I just wanted to make sure you were okay and I was also wondering if you were still here somewhere? Thanks.

The next audio played automatically.

Casey? James just texted me asking what I did to make you so upset... did I do something? Are you hurt? Are you okay? He said you were at Macy's and that you were crying when he dropped you off. Seriously, what happened?

The final audio played.

Casey, if you're not going to answer my texts or calls, I'm coming over there.

I squeaked and ran out of Macy's room and she followed directly behind me. Since it was on speakerphone, she'd heard all the messages. I wasn't sure why I was running to the door though. Maybe it was to make sure it was locked? Maybe to see if he was actually coming? Either way, my stomach was in knots. Just as I reached the door, there was a loud knock that resonated through the entire house. I froze mid-step.

With my eyes wide, I turned my head to look at Macy. 'Open the door', she mouthed.

"Casey! I'm 98% sure you're here, tell me what's wrong!" Jeremy's voice carried through the door and I shivered. I knew it was still pouring out there and I also knew he had probably walked here. Shit, he's probably freezing. With a big sigh, I unlocked the door and turned the handle.

As I thought, Jeremy was soaked to the bone. He had changed out of his uniform and now wore a pair of grey sweats and a white t-shirt that was now... transparent. Well, he was wearing the letterman jacket he had given me earlier so not everything was visible... just the outline of his abs...