7: Not Too Much Fun

Shifty dude slid into my DMs ^^

Casey's POV

Macy's mom dropped us off at school, but not without some not so subtle questioning looks through the rearview mirror.

"Have fun girls, but not too much fun!" Jennifer shouted out of her car. Macy cringed at her mother's deliberate attempt to embarrass her.

Liam and Chris were waiting along the side of the school for me. "Caseyyyyy!" They both cried, getting my attention.

"I'll meet you in class?" I suggested to Macy, tightening my hand around my backpack strap.

"Go get 'em, tiger." She teased, skipping into school. I approached the boys and looked at them curiously.

"Wassup?"

"We were wondering if you wanted to hang out," Liam asked me, looking away from me almost shyly.

"Um, sure? When and where?" I questioned, crossing my arms comfortably over my chest.

"Really, you just had to do that?" Chris asked, looking away from me just like Liam had.

"Do wha-" I looked down and immediately put my arms down, oops. "Sorry, you were saying?"

"The shack, after school?" Chris suggested, shrugging as he said it.

"Yeah, sure. Can I bring Macy?"

"Your friend? Sure." Liam answered me, before turning around and leaving. Oki-doki then.

Chris just shrugged and followed Liam to wherever he was headed. I walked into the school and put my stuff in my locker, chatting aimlessly with Macy. Suddenly, Macy's eyes darted to something behind me and I turned around confusedly. My blue eyes met someone's broad chest and I looked up quickly.

"Here," Jeremy said curtly, sticking out his hand, holding a pencil between his fingers.

"Oh, thanks," I replied sheepishly, smiling a bit. I took the pencil from his hand and he turned around swiftly, his head bobbing above the rest of the students.

"OMG!" Macy exclaimed excitedly, bouncing on the balks of her feet as she spun me around.

"Dear God, did you just say that out loud? I thought we were over the text lingo phase." I stated as I opened my locker, acting calm though I felt the same way Macy did. I didn't know why, sure he was the quarterback of the football team, the hottest guy in school, and a total ignorant jerk, but that didn't mean I was attracted to him... Right?

The bell rang and I waved at Macy as I headed to Social Studies, the class I had with Chris and Liam. I took the same seat as I had yesterday because somehow all the seats were already filled, aside from the back row of course.

Again, Chris and Liam sat beside me, squishing me in the middle.

"Hey, sweet cheeks," Chris spoke first, throwing a dashing smile my way.

"Hey, buttercup," Liam said soon after, I simply rolled my eyes though I was on fire.

"Wow, you both leave me breathless with your terms of endearment." I retorted, pretending to examine my poorly maintained nails. They both exchanged confused looks before resting their interested gazes on me. "I like writing." Was my explanation as I shrugged.

Suddenly I squinted at both of them. "Why are you guys talking to me all of a sudden?" They looked at each other almost worriedly and I became more and more suspicious. "Hey, you know I'm right here, right?"

They said nothing, instead, they stayed quiet, leaving me to myself for the rest of the period. Again.

Once the bell rang, I wandered over to French class, another bane of my existence. I took my usual seat and found Carter sitting in his spot beside me. I sighed a breath of relief. "I like your new glasses," I commented, taking out my pencil.

Carter was a cute kid, adorable if you will. His brown hair was all over the place and his black skin tone made his blue eyes pop, he even had some little freckles on his nose. Adorable.

"Thanks." I faintly heard him mumble. My mind was already drifting to another place, one of the memes and cringy vines.

Mme. Breault had already started teaching by the time I came back to reality. "Move." Someone barked near me, I looked up to see who it was. Jeremy was demanding Carter to move and I frowned.

"B-But-" He stuttered.

"What are you? Retarded? Move." Woah, that's so not okay. Who the heck comes into class, late mind you, and demands for someone to move? There's a seat at the front of the class, sit there.

"Leave him alone, jerk." I didn't know that the voice was mine until all eyes were on me. Jeremy had anger pooling in those green orbs of his and I was starting to get nervous. There was no taking back what I'd said.

"Make me."

"What are you, five?" This time I literally slapped my hands over my mouth in shock. It seemed that even Jeremy was astonished. Either because someone was standing up to him, or it was me, the quiet good girl.

"I-It's fine Casey, I'll move." Carter stuttered, getting up from his seat with his binders. As he stood up, Jeremy shoved him, making him fall to the floor, his belongings going flying. Okay, I was livid. Though I was angry, I stood up calmly and walked around the aisle to Carter.

I bent down beside where Jeremy was sitting to help Carter pick up his things. Once they were all packed up, I realized that Carter would have to sit in front of the class, the place he hated. He needed the middle where he could see and not be the center of attention. "Carter, you can have my seat."

"No, it's o-"

"Please." I continued, knowing that he really didn't want to sit in the front. Even if he'd have to sit near Jeremy, it was better than the front.

"Okay, thank you." Carter smiled a little bit, his stark white teeth a huge contrast to his dark skin tone. I grabbed my things and ignored Jeremy's angry gaze as I took my seat at the front. I hated the front too, but I figured I could handle it better than Carter could. I had forgotten that there was a whole class of people watching, their thoughts made me flush. Soon enough, after the initial shock went away, Mme. Breault started teaching again and I swear that I could feel the heat of his gaze on the back of my head.

-------

Wow sorry for the slow update, but you can thank @NerdyNommies for this chapter! So I had to re-read the book because I forgot what happened, yay! I have an oral presentation, three projects, and exams to study for this week so I probably won't be updating, idk yet.

Hope this chapter was semi decent, have you guys noticed that ALL my girl characters are 5'8"? Hmm... Oops.

Favourite gum flavor? - Bubble mint.