28: We Didn't Sleep Together, Did We?

The sunlight streamed through the window and gently warmed my face. I made a move to stretch my arms only to find myself confined by a warm presence against my back and around my abdomen. What the..? Slowly and carefully, I maneuvered my head to see who was the source of the warmth. As my eyes landed on the pale, blonde-haired beauty who laid behind me, the events of last night came rushing back to me. 

Looking back at the clock, I gasped to see that it was nine o'clock. "Liam," I whispered awkwardly, poking at the arms that encircled my abdomen. "Liam!" I said a little louder. He stirred slightly in his sleep. For a moment, I relaxed and felt his chest rise and fall against my back, as well as his warm breath against my cheek.

Carefully, I turned over in his arms so that we were facing each other. I reached up, gently brushed his cheek... and then plugged his nose with my fingers. After about ten seconds, Liam's mouth burst open in need of air and he jolted upright, sending me flying out of his arms. He seemed panicked for a moment but quickly took a few deep breaths to soothe himself. Once he was calmed, his brows furrowed in confusion.

"What in the...?" Then his eyes landed on me. "Oh my gosh, we didn't sleep together, did we?" Would it be so bad if we had? I brushed it off.

"Fortunately for me, no, we didn't," I jabbed, sitting up and covering my legs with the blanket. Liam sighed a breath of relief and I felt a wave of bitterness come over me, as well as a brutal headache. "Do I really have to ask you to turn around?"

"Oh, right," he said awkwardly, turning his body so that he faced the opposing wall though I noticed the faint outline of his abs as his body maneuvered. I didn't bother to thank him as I stood up and shuffled into my pants. Grabbing my bra, I turned around to face him. "I'm going to Macy's room to grab a change of clothes."

I didn't wait for him to respond as I sped out the door and made my way over to Macy's room. I don't think I like Liam that way, but why did that hurt so badly? I began to walk faster as a small tear slipped down my cheek. I quickly wiped it away as I thought to myself, that's enough tears to waste on a boy, Casey.

Once I was in Macy's room, I was disappointed to find that all her comfortable clothes were in the laundry. Sighing, I grabbed the least skimpy thing available and threw it on.

----

Thankfully, it was as warm as it was yesterday so we didn't freeze on the way to school. However, we completely missed the first block and arrived just in time for the second. I didn't say goodbye to Liam as I broke away from him in the crowd and quickly made my way to biology.

"Are those my clothes? I thought you left the party early, I hardly saw you the whole night!" Macy whispered loudly as I sat beside her. "Spill the tea."

I rubbed my temples and shut my eyes to try and soothe the pounding. "Have some water," she continued, handing me her water bottle. I chugged it gratefully before wiping my mouth with the back of Macy's leather jacket. I had opted for a pair of ripped jeans, a red spaghetti strap shirt, and a leather jacket to cover up some skin. It wasn't a bad look on me.

"I hung out with Liam for the whole night--" Macy made a face, "--but we didn't do anything. I think he asked to kiss me but I said no. We just slept in the bed together since we were both wasted." She raised a disbelieving eyebrow. I elbowed her in the arm while rolling my eyes though the motion hurt my head even more.

"I'm serious, nothing happened. He seemed happy about it too," I added bitterly as the biology teacher walked in.

"What do you mean?" Macy asked me with a frown.

"When we woke up, the first thing he said was, 'oh my gosh, we didn't sleep together, did we?' He made it sound like the worst thing in the world," I told her as I sank down in my seat and put my head on the desk.