1."Unexpected Rendezvous"

"You know Alice how it feels like driving through France's forlorn, broad roads with your favorite song playing on the radio?" I asked Alice happily, but no answer came

"You know Alice how it feels like driving through France's forlorn, broad roads with your favorite song playing on the radio?" I asked Alice happily, but no answer came. "Alice are you even listening or I'm blabbering on my own?" I asked her disbelievingly. "Yes... I'm listening to you Addy and you're telling me as if I'm there sitting beside you and rejoicing with you those views," Alice sulked, I giggled, "I told you Alice that I have some work here so I'd be off, didn't I?" I asked her. "Yes," she said quietly, I could envision her nodding.

"And don't worry I'm heading to the airport Alice I will be there with you soon, I hope you are missing me?" I quizzed her frowning playfully as if she could see. "Of course dambo! I'm missing you" Alice said. "But wait... You didn't tell me what work you have there in France?" she question. "What?" I quizzed tittering. "I already told you, Alice for hand on experience as an HR generalist," I pointed out as a matter of fact. "Just for that Addy?" she quizzed skepticism dripping from her words. "Yes... off course what else I'd be here for?" I shot back. "Come on Addy Spit it out," said Alice. I can sense her turning into Sherlock Holmes, her all-of-sudden skepticism floored me.

"Holy fudge!! now what am I supposed to tell her....? truth?... No! she'll freak out, she is gonna tell Mom too..."

"Addy I asked you something are you willing to give me any answer or not?" her suspicion-laced voice dragged me out of my train of thought.

"What should I tell her now?"

"Addy..." This time she called my name, caveat board was hanging in her tone.

"for heaven's sake! Alice... Hinter your superfluous questions will you? I'm driving here, so stop distracting me" I said exasperated rolling my eyes.

Her laughter boomed in my car even though she was on the other side of the phone.

"Ohh my innocent... innocent... girl I was just jesting around" she stated.

"I... I'm... I'm Sorry... Addy... I scared you" Alice apologized between her horse-like guffaws. "Oh god... It's so easy to roast you, I should have been there to see your face" Alice uttered still laughing. That I answered with a snort. "Ha Ha Ha... Alice very funny, may you fall from the bed while laughing, now let me drive, bye..." I hung up and heaved a sigh of relief.

"Thank heavens!"

She didn't figure it out Because I couldn't take any risk of telling her my other reason that, I'd come here to find anything that can prove that my dad was murdered it wasn't an accident. Yes... my father is dead, I know for sure it wasn't just an ordinary accident but a planned murder. How? Why?... I haven't a clue, hence I came here, but I got nothing but I will puzzle out everything for sure.