27."Token Of Pain"

'YES

'YES...' Azriel's accepting word ding in my head. 'for the reason he gave you' instantly the motive Jasper gave me of  Azriel echoed in my head 'for power and Position...' He can't be this merciless...? Killing his blood... His uncle...! Maria Said he helped her and her sons... I am not wholly able to accept what Azriel did even when he admitted... Every time I try to accept it,

My mind stops me and started seeing the good in him, I am not able to believe Azriel would do such a deed... Why do I think this...? After all How much do I even know him... Just two or three months where we barely chat normally still this horrible deed Azriel can commit I can't digest it...

"Adira dear..." I looked up Seeing Maria already eyeing me worriedly. "Yeah..." I shifted in my seat. "Either you aren't liking food that's why you are not eating or you are thinking about something deeply." Maria sat down on the stool ahead of me sighing, Making me realize I have been staring at the food served in front of me and haven't touched it yet.

"Dear..." Maria placed her hand on mine, Her eyes carrying a concern for me. "Nothing Maria and... I loved what you cooked." I simpered, "But you haven't taken a bite of it then how can you know it's tasty or not..." Maria crossed her arms, I sighed rubbing a bandage around my head.

"I know dear it's too much for you to take in this all happening around you at once." Maria came to me and set her hand on my shoulder, "I will be fine Maria don't worry." I smiled at her and dug in although my appetite for food was no longer available because the hunger for knowing every truth which is being hidden from me took its place, I have to eat. After all, Maria cooked this all for me.

I can't ask Maria anything because she has already said she doesn't know why Azriel brought me here. "Good morning Maria." I looked up from my plate Dominic came, a khaki t-shirt tugged in his black pants and sat beside me, My mind reminisced me he works with Azriel Dominic is a mobster also. "Are you fine buttercup?" Dominic examined bandages around my head, "Yeah... I'm... I'm fine." I simpered, I divert my eyes to the bowl of soup. We sat in silence I slide the spoon full of soup into my mouth.

"What are you waiting for Addy... At least Dominic is here so he can answer all my doubts"

I took a subtle breath and turned to face Dominic who was busy on his phone. "Dominic do you want to have breakfast?" Maria asked, Dominic, looked up from his phone, "No Maria I'm good just caffeine would work." He presented his engaging grin to Maria, We turned our heads to the side Dennis walked into Kitchen. "Morning Mr Black." Maria greeted, "Morning Maria." Dennis gave her a slight nod turning his attention to me.

"Hey... Addy are you ok now?" Dennis eyed the bandage over my head, "I'm ok Dennis." I gave him a little ensuring smile, Dennis took a seat in front of me and silence fell until Maria's phone rang she left the kitchen while talking on the phone, I wet my lips. "I want to ask you both something..." I flickered my eyes between both of the men, Dominic looked at me drawing horizontal wrinkles upon his forehead while Dennis sedately straightened his sitting posture as though already know what I'm gonna ask him.