20."Heartless"

I heaved a breath of relief observing closet after placing all the warm clothes, i looked at door as it knocked, "Uumm yes

I heaved a breath of relief observing closet after placing all the warm clothes, i looked at door as it knocked, "Uumm yes..." "Miss your breakfast is ready." Maria let me know from other side of closed door. I wasn't feeling hungry but i should eat for Maria's hard work don't go waste. "yeah I'm coming." I called back closed the closet, i sighed and left my room to kitchen, i sat on stool Maria placed plate of delicious looking spinach pesto sauce fusilli pasta, i took a bite, i looked up "Thank you, it's really very divine." I said smiling to her. "Thank you Miss I'm glade that you liked it." Maria said smiling warmly.

"Maria... If i ask you to do something for me will you?" I asked her chewing pasta looking at plate. "Yes miss off course." Maria replied. I sighed expedaciously and looked up at her. "I request you Maria don't call me miss, call me Adira or Addy." I presented my request with smile, she returned same smile and nodded. I surveyed Maria cleaning the kitchen, very peacefuly enjoying her work. "Had you eaten already Maria?" I asked stuffing my mouth with fork full of pasta. "No Adira but i will later." She smiled, i got up grabbed her hand and took her to stool. "Now sit have breakfast with me." I demanded, "I will dear once I'm done with this work." She reasoned drawing scared frown. "No i will not listen to you." I shook my head. "But..." "No if no but, just sit down Maria." I placed my hands on her shoulders and tugged her down to sit, ok she mumbled.

I served her and we ete in silence, i was rejoicing food more as i was having company whereas we were eating in silence, i looked up from my food and caught Maria watching me wearing strange smile, i frowned mystifyingly at her, i arched my brow. "What?" i asked stuffing pasta in mouth. "Mr Harrington likes you." I choked up on my pasta, rest stucked in my throat making me cough like crazy, Maria got up worriedly brought water for drinking, she made me drink water her another hand behind me rubbing my back up and down, i was still coughing creating horse like sounds.

Maria's word stuck in my head 'Mr Harrington likes you' What...? He likes me...? Never in a million years that gonna happen... Why this lady came to think of this...? More confusing why butterflies fluttering under my stomach? Do i want to be liked by him? I shook my head incessantly, no...! never...! I gradually stopped coughing. "Are you fine dear?" Maria looked at me worriedly. "Yes I'm fine." I tried to assure her with smile. "Sorry dear i didn't know you are allergic to spinach." Maria uttered apologizingly. "No... I'm not allergic to anything i just... Umm... Let it be." I gesticulated my hands in the air. She nodded took her empty plate and got up from stool.

What conceivably made her think this...? I siped water, i licked my lips. "Umm Maria... Why did you think that he likes me?" I asked Maria biting my inner lip and pulling eyebrows, she didn't listened placing something in refrigerator, i waited for her answer, presumably she didn't listened and i will not ask her again because it will appear that I'm desperate to know that I'm definitely not just curious why she reached to such a hilarious conclusion? "He likes you." I looked at her back hearing her, this is way to funny. "And why do you think this?" I quizzed rolling my eyes on her wrong assumption.