71."In The Pursuit Of Vengeance"

The cold wind whipped against my face as I took a deep breath of the fresh air

The cold wind whipped against my face as I took a deep breath of the fresh air. From this height, the city seemed small and far away, and no noise could reach me. Looking up from my balcony, I saw white clouds adorning the blue sky.

Everything was so quiet and serene, yet an unsettling feeling lay deep within my gut, creating unnecessary noises in my head. I placed my hands on the railing and leaned in, lowering my head to clear the fog of the past.

I lifted my head, releasing a deep breath as the tension in my shoulders eased away. A sweet and melodious voice called out to me,

"Azriel... where are you?" I could picture the pout on her face, which brought a smile to my lips. "I'm here, firefly," I replied, turning away from the view of the city.

In front of me stood Adira, the love of my life, in the same room, yet it felt like we were miles apart. She had her back to me, and it unsettled me,

stirring a yearning deep inside me to see her beautiful face. No matter how many times I saw her, it always felt like I needed more time to soak in her beauty.

It seemed as though she could sense my longing gaze upon her, for she turned to me with a luminous smile that never failed to take my breath away.

Her eyes, a mesmerizing hazel brown, sparkled as she beckoned me forward with the sweetest of words, "Look, my sweet baby! Your dad is here, now come here Azriel, and hold your replica." 

I couldn't resist her call and stepped closer to her, feeling my heart flutter at the sight, she was holding our little miracle, "Of course, firefly anything for my woman,"

Her cheeks flushed a rosy pink, and my eyes fell upon the most precious human bestowed on me. "Your daughter is just as stubborn as you, She refuses to sleep until you hold her,"

Adira pouted. As I watched her cradling our daughter, a deep warmth spread through my chest, and my smile widened. It all felt too perfect to be real like a dream come true. "Don't worry, my love. Let me take her,"

As I took one more step, the smile on my face suddenly disappeared, replaced by a sense of foreboding. In the blink of an eye, the world around me seemed to shift and twist,

Turning upside down as if caught in the throes of some violent upheaval. The once-peaceful atmosphere was replaced by a sense of impending doom as if the very air itself was thick with a sense of foreboding.

And then I saw her, Adira, standing before me with her clothes torn and dirty, her face bruised and battered. The sight of her filled me with a sense of alarming dread, The trail of hot tears streamed down her cheeks my eyes darted to the blood on her thighs,

My desperate eyes searched for our daughter, but she wasn't there, as if having her here was a figment of my imagination. "They took her, Azriel," Adira's meek voice tore at my heart.