9."Drunken Firefly"

That meeting was disaster, those local mobster gang members are backing off because they are afraid of the consequences that Jasper can cause

I bowled my fingers to a fist by both my sides boiling fury swelled inside me, i shut my eyes inhaled deeply, i opened my eyes as elevator's door got opened. I opened door of my penthouse.

I trod to my room, thinking regarding everything that's going on, about Jasper's plans that i haven't a clue about so far. I clenched my jaw, i stopped, my eyebrows scrunched up together, library's door ajar open, i get inside the library room, witnessed that girl sound asleep on recliner, book laying open on her stomach, her one hand hanging out of recliner, i couldn't see her face for her face was towards hearth.

I paced to her, her brunette hair was swinging around overshadowing her half face, i brushed her hair away from her face with my fingers, as my fingers touched her cheeks she stired, her eyebrows creased a little frown, corner of her lips turned into a small smile.

"This girl is total outlandish"

I took the book, kept it back on shelf and turned to her still fast asleep, i tapped her cheeks in order to wake her up but she didn't move a bit.

"Adira... Wake up..." i called her name and tapped her cheeks again instead of waking up she moaned softly and uncomfortably stired on recliner, i chuckled, i stired her shoulders but this only caused her to mumble something incoherent.

"deRose get up now..." i said bit sternly but she didn't respond.

"This girl is impossible"

I'm done with this languish girl, if she isn't waking up then i have no predilection to wast my time here, i turned to leave, if i leave her here Dennis will start giving me those nanny's look and shitty reminder of how this girl saved my life. I groaned and twirled to her again. I picked her up in bridle style.

She curled up hidding her face on the croak of my neck, i sighed and started striding towards her room, i opened the door with my right leg as i pushed the door open and went in. Strode to the bed, lay her down, the effulgent full moon was scintillating whole room from the above and falling on her face, her cheeks were red like the crimson close of the day her brunette hair laying on pillow beneath her head vaguely wet, her brows knitted together as though planning about something important, her natural lips performing nothing but slightly open as her snoring sound echoed in whole room.

I paced to door, but before closing it.

"Mom..." i heard her say in sleep softly.

I closed the door behind me, went upstairs to my room, i got in my room, i doffed my shirt off and chinos and stepped in shower, trying to appease my unsettled mind, my mind still ruminating all possible planes Jasper can come to think of, my thoughts went to her. Her hazal brown iris, holding hopes, confidence that shone brightly in her eyes when she challenged me to give her a good reason, i chuckled thinking boiling anger under those hazal brown orbs, no woman i have met before who can challenge me... But this girl... Downed all my assumptions, a smile proped upon my lips remembering her all dampened, shimiring in anger looking like a wild cat who could scratch my face if got any chance.