Chapter 1 - I'm pregnant

I'm nervous.

I was staring at the pregnancy paper.

Despite looking just like a plain white paper the size of a child's palm, it was a rare magic item that I had obtained after some difficulty. It was quite pricey too, but it was nothing much for a duke daughter such as myself.

All I have to do is to drop a drop of my blood onto it.

Prick.

My finger stings as I pricked it with the needle I asked my maid, Sarah, to prepare beforehand.

Drip. Drip.

Ahhh.. I've done it. Now I just have to wait.

The instruction written on the packaging stated that I have to wait the maximum of 5 minutes to get the result.

I didn't have to wait that long.

Immediately after my blood dropped on the magic paper, the originally white paper slowly changed color, starting from where my blood was dropped, it didn't take long for the whole paper to turned purple.

I recalled the instruction.

The paper will remained white after 5 minutes has passed if you are not pregnant. It will turn blue after 2 minutes if you are pregnant with a boy. It will turn pink after 2 minutes if you are pregnant with a girl. It will turn color immediately if you are having twins.

Hah.

I sighed.

Not only I confirmed myself pregnant, but I am pregnant with twins!! And even though it was not written on the instruction,  based on my logic, I'm pretty sure that it will be a pair of boy and girl. Instead turning blue or pink, it turned into purple after all.

I really am pregnant.

I will become a mother to a son and a daughter.

Myriad of overwhelming emotions flooded into me. A mixture of surprise and excitement, fear yet happy, happy yet sad, angry but delighted. Everything becomes complicated.

After all, I'm in trouble.

A big trouble.

I didn't plan for this, but there is no way in hell that I would get rid of my precious babies.

Heck, I love them already.

But if it is known that Allyssa Reynold, the precious daughter of Duke Reynold, the flower of high society, is pregnant out of wedlock, it wouldn't be pretty for the Duke Household and the rest of aristocratic society. It would even smears shame to the Royal family.

I cannot guarantee that my father who adored me would not kill me. My doting older brother would definitely be infuriated. Mother would be sad beyond words.

It'd be possible that they'll disown me and send me to the monastery. They might force me to quickly marry some random noble son to cover this up. Worst, they might force me to get rid of my babies.

In the first place, I think they already are quite disappointed with me being carefree, doing whatever I want instead of being an obedient and exemplary noble daughter. There's already few untasteful rumors about me floating around in the high society. My family tolerated me because they love me too much and they knew the rumors are exaggerated.

But there's no way that they will accept me now if they know that somehow I turned the rumors into the truth.

And these are only the problem I would face with my family. I have not yet start to explain about the situation of the babies' father.

First of all, he was not my lover. Not even anything close to a lover.

Second of all, he is a famous womanizer.

Third of all, he already has a destined partner whom he has not meet yet. The one who is responsible to reform him into a true Male Lead he is supposed to be.

In short, he was just a guy I slept with. A handsome guy with a smoking hot body who was so good in bed.

He is just a sex partner.

There you go.

There no way in hell that this person would want to be responsible.

No.

There is NO WAY that I would want this person to be responsible for me and my cute babies.

That person should never ever know the fact that I'm pregnant with his children.

Because, in my previous life, he is the Male Lead of one of the romance novels I used to read.

He has a bright future ahead of him, painted with glory and love from all the people of the Empire. He will meet a sweet yet strong Female Lead, and together, they will waddle through the war and eventually fell in love. They will be victorious, both in love and war.

Well, I quite liked their romance, so naturally I shipped them. So I would never want to change their destiny. 

But I somehow got myself into this mess.

Here's why.

I reincarnated in the novel world after so much hardship in my previous world, not to mention how sexually deprived my adult life was, when I met with the handsome Male Lead few years before the novel actually starts, I thought to myself, why don't I enjoy myself with his presence just a little?

I'm a duke's daughter after all. A very beautiful lady at that. It's not difficult for me to do, unlike my pathetic previous life where it was difficult to get the attention of my own husband. In this new life, I can do whatever I want, including seducing the Male Lead.

The Male Lead.

Before meeting the Female Lead, he was a womanizer who enjoyed the company of many different ladies, so I thought, I would be one of those women he spent his nights with and then dump him before the storyline of the novel starts.

It is a secret, but while reading the novel in my past life, I did fantasized about doing it with him and wonder how it gonna be like, so I approached him and seduced him. I ended up being seduced by him instead.

He was amazing.

I ended up in his bed more frequent than I had planned.

And I did not expect that we would get along so well but we did.

Except the fact that we occasionally share our beds, you can say we're in a good and friendly term with each other.

We're still not lovers, but I guess we can call us as partners.

So, that is why, me being pregnant is a huge problem.

The more I think about it, the more sure I am on what should I do next.

I should run away.