Chapter 31 - A painful encounter

Is this a dream or a nightmare?!

"Lys!!!"

He ran toward me and enclosed me in a tight embrace.

I can smell his familiar scent. This familiar warmth. This strangely soothing feeling. I was knocked further into this numbing daze.

"Let's go back home together, Lys."

Suddenly, I was stupefied.

As if I'm awakened from the shock of seeing him, his words made me feel anxious all of a sudden.

I pushed Lucas as hard as I can. He loosened his grip on me.

I pulled myself away from him. Distancing myself as far as I can.

"Stay away from me!!"

I shouted.

Lucas opened his eyes wide, clearly overwhelmed with the way I acted.

"But Lys... Why?"

Lucas looked confused. But he just stood there, unmoving.

I took a deep breath.

Breath, Lyssa! Calm down and think!

I tried to calm myself down. There's a lot of things I need to process in my head.

Lucas suddenly appeared out of nowhere while I was enjoying the morning sun. And it was only three weeks after Greg's sudden visit.

Why is he here? With her, on top of that? Did Greg tell him that I'm here? But why was he looking for me?

Unless...

My mind and heart are in a mess. I can't even describe what I'm feeling right now.

This pregnancy hormone is literally turning me into a maniac.

I glanced at the beautiful reddish-orange-haired lady who was quietly standing at the edge of the balcony, observing us indifferently with her pretty emerald-green eyes.

Well, of course.

Of course, he came here with the Female Lead, Selene Abraham.

Greg said they rarely ever met, but he was clearly wrong! This world is created for them, anyway. So of course, they'd found their way to each other's arms.

I don't even know why my heart aches so much...

"Lys..."

Lucas called me with a low voice, almost pleadingly.

"Lys... please, come here..."

He extended his right hand, gesturing me to come closer.

What the hell did he come here for?

I mean, he already has Selene. I'm a nobody.

As I thought...

I unconsciously touch my lower abdomen. This cute bump. I held it firmly with both hands. It was as if I'm guarding it to prevent it from being taken away. Well, I actually am literally guarding it tightly.

No. Definitely not.

They are my babies. My cute son and daughter. They are mine! There's no way I'd let anyone take my precious children away from me. Not in this life! Even if it's their father.

An extreme fear flooded me all of the sudden.

I didn't realize tears were flowing down my cheeks.