Chapter 37 - A painful lie

As soon as Lucas passed through the barrier, he was greeted with a pleasantly refreshing breeze. It wasn't cold but it wasn't too warm either. Like a mid-spring breeze.

Lucas widened his eyes. It was still mid-winter, so he was a bit startled.

The Magic Tower really is an amazing place, Lucas thought.

Just a moment ago, while walking around the chilly small town, he was worried about how difficult it must've been for Allyssa to be living in such harsh weather.

"Well, Sir Lucas Maxwell. Welcome to the Magic Tower."

Selene said with a monotonous voice while she shrugged, without looking at Lucas.

"Although, as intruders, we're definitely not welcome."

She laughed at her own remarks.

"The lady is staying at the Tower Successor's living space on the 12th floor. Wait a minute."

Selene chanted a magic spell and a big bubble surrounded them both.

"Successor-sama usually is at the magic research laboratory around this time, but it won't take long before the Tower's security system would detect the mana fluctuation. Half an hour at most. So, once I signaled you to leave, we must quickly get out of here."

"Yeah, you told me that, before. Hurry up and take me there."

"Tsk."

Selene clicked her tongue as she controlled the bubble to float up.

This man is still as unlikable as ever.

Selene sighed.

Meanwhile, Lucas's heart was beating fast at the thought of meeting Allyssa again. He didn't even realize that he already arrived at the 12th-floor balcony.

By the time he noticed it, he forgot how to breathe.

There she was, taking a nap on a lazy chair by the balcony. The person he longed so much to see.

Her shiny black hair was glowing under the early morning sun. Her eyes were closed, so Lucas can't appreciate her sparky dark pink eyes. Lucas couldn't help but shift his gaze on her lower abdomen. She was wearing a loose indoor dress, but there's no way Lucas can miss the cute bump.

Our babies are right there.

Lucas's lips unconsciously formed a smile.

Right at that moment, maybe because she felt that someone was staring at her, Allyssa who was actually just resting instead of napping opened her eyes.

As she looked at Lucas, her eyes were full of shock.

"Lys!!!"

Lucas was too happy to notice the terrified look in her eyes when she saw him and Selene. He ran toward Allyssa and embraced her tightly.

"Let's go back home together, Lys."

Ah, I missed you so much! Really missed you!

Lucas wanted to tell her how much he missed her, but even words can't describe his feelings.

Suddenly, Allyssa pushed him away and took few steps back behind.

"Stay away from me!!"

Allyssa shouted.

Lucas was flabbergasted.

"But Lys... Why?"

What's wrong?