Chapter 36 - Sneaking into the Magic Tower, again.

"Bring me to her, now!"

Now that Lucas heard everything he needed to know about Allyssa's whereabouts, he grew impatient.

"Why would I? What do you think I am? A human transporter?"

Selene was obviously irritated. After a tiring mission that exhausted her mana, Lucas called her to the meeting room only to ask about personal matters.

It was about hers and Vice Commander Gregory Reynold's trip to the Magic Tower. Specifically, everything she knows about how Allyssa Reynold was doing.

And now, he had the gut to ask her to bring him to Magic Tower to see Allyssa!

How shameless!

"I couldn't possibly enter the Magic Tower. You need to help me get inside!"

Lucas's firm voice irked Selene.

"Why do I care whether you can enter or not? Anyway, this is not how people asking for help should act! Hah... Whatever. I'm out."

Selene turned toward the door, but Lucas's broad body blocked her in a flash.

Lucas suddenly bowed to her.

"Please... You're the only one who can help me."

For the first time, there was despair and hopelessness in his voice. Selene was taken aback by the sudden change.

"I need to see her. Please, help me."

Lucas begged in desperation. He wanted to see Allyssa badly. Throughout the war, not a second passed by without him thinking of his beloved Lys. Now that he knows where she is, it was obvious that he wanted to see her as soon as possible.

In fact, even though he didn't regret what he has done, he was feeling guilty for his action. The fact that it had caused Allyssa great distress that she had to run away was a possibility that Lucas didn't think through.

Allyssa must've been feeling confused and have a lot of worries right now.

He wanted to kneel in front of her and begged for her forgiveness. He wanted to hold her tight and tell her that everything will be alright, that she doesn't have to worry about anything. He wanted to assure her that he's with her and will always be by her side. He wanted to pledge to her that he'll treasure her and their children for as long as he lived.

That is why he needs to see her.

"Please, Selene. I'm begging you. I need to see Allyssa."

Lucas's sudden change of attitude baffled Selene. For the first time, she took a good look at Lucas's face. It was not the face of an arrogant, heartless, and indifferent swordmaster she was used to seeing, commanding the knights and soldier on the battlefield - a face akin to an emotionless weapon.

Right now, it was a face full of emotions.

"I didn't know you can make a face like that."

Selene commented.

"Well, at least now I know you're a human, too."

"Just what..."

Before Lucas can finish his words, Selene cut him off.

"And since you look like you might cry if I don't help you, I guess it couldn't be helped. The sight of a brawny grown-up man crying is not a sight I want to see. Fine, I'll help you."

Selene shrugged.

"Thank you. I'll definitely pay you back no matter how much!"

Lucas brightened up.