Chapter 27: Trip

That night past with the Justice League capturing everyone involved in the attack. And it was July now and a month had passed since school let out.

And Lindsey was surprised with Damian at her door telling her to hurry up and get in the car so they could get to the airport. 

"What do you mean?" Lindsey asked.

"Damian is taking you on a trip!" Grandma Holling said appearing behind Lindsey in the entrance way with her husband.

"A trip?" Lindsey asked. "Where?"

"It's a surprise," Grandpa Holling said.

"You two knew about this?" Lindsey yelled at her grandparents.

"Well of course we did," Grandma Holling said. "He asked us to have a bag packed for you. Diane gathered a bunch of your things together while you were out with Ryeanne and Blaine yesterday."

"Where are we even going?" Lindsey asked. "Why is it a surprise? Why didn't you tell me?"

"Lindsey, you can complain all you want on the plane," Damian said as he pulled Lindsey towards the door. "We need to leave soon so we can get to the airport on time."

"Have fun, Kids," Grandma Holling said happily.

"Not too much fun," Grandpa Holling said in a stern voice. "It may be a vacation, but don't have to much affection for each other."

"I'll treat her with as much respect as she deserves," Damian rushed. "But we must be going. Come on."

Damian tugged Lindsey's hand and took her luggage in his other hand. They quickly exited the manor to the driveway. Alfred was standing outside of the car and took the bag from Damian to place it in the trunk. Damian opened the door for Lindsey to slide across the seat and he quickly sat down as well.

"I can't believe that you planned a surprise for me," Lindsey said.

"Well what kind of boyfriend would I be if I didn't so something for my Beloved's birthday," Damian said.

"You remembered my birthday?" Lindsey wondered.

"It's in three days," Damian said. "Why do you think we're going on a week-long vacation?"

"You're so sweet, Damian," she cooed. "But are you sure Gotham will be safe without one of it's heroes?"

"Father can handle anything that'll happen while we're gone," Damian said. "He's done it without a partner before."

"So where are we going?" Lindsey asked.

"You'll find out when we get on the plane," Damian said.

"Why do you have to be so secretive?" Lindsey whined. "Can't you just tell me where we're going? Is it somewhere warm? Is it somewhere I've never been before? Wait that's everywhere. Are we leaving the country?"

Damian just shook his head at Lindsey's insistent questions. He so badly wanted to tell her where they were going, but he also wanted it to be a surprise. Besides he wanted the affection she'll show when she knows the surprise. And with Alfred in the car, it'll be a bit awkward.

Lindsey continued to ask where they were going, even going so far to ask Alfred. The butler knew to keep his mouth shut. He knew how much Damian wanted to surprise her.

Once at Gotham International Airport, the couple went through security quickly. Damian found their gate and had the two of them sit to wait.

"Please tell me where we're going, Damian," Lindsey begged. "Where are you taking me for my birthday?"