Chapter 18: Cave

As Lindsey stood in front of the Red Hood with her hands up, she heard what sounded like two more motorcycles coming from the same way the Red Hood did. Lindsey looked away from him to see the motorcycles enter the cave.

"Hey, I asked you a question, bitch," the Red Hood snapped, taking the safety off the gun.

"I – I was looking in the library," she stuttered out, pointing to the elevator.

"Lindsey?" She looked over to who called her name. Getting off the bikes were Nightwing and Red Robin.

"Hood, put the gun down," Red Robin said. "She's not a threat."

"How do you know?" Red Hood said not taking his eyes off of Lindsey. "She could be a spy."

"She's not a spy," Nightwing said. "Now put the gun down or I'll put it down for you."

Then Lindsey heard a roaring engine and another motorcycle. She flickered her eyes between the three men and the tunnel.

"He came in last!" Red Robin laughed suddenly. He turned to the tunnel, still pointing the gun at Lindsey. She didn't expect such a jovial sound to come out of the burly man. "He's going to piss himself."

Not even a second after he said that sentence the Batmobile came rushing in and a red and green motorcycle behind it.

"I demand a rematch!" the one on the motorcycle shouted. Lindsey could see it was Robin. She hadn't seen Robin since the night at the gala, last fall. He looked even more handsome than Lindsey remembered. "I was distracted."

"And you're about to get even more distracted," Nightwing said. Lindsey watched as Batman jumped out of the Batmobile fluidly. She watched as his eyes landed on the Red Hood. Her eyes followed the line to where his gun was pointed.

"It's her," Batman's gruff voice grumbled. Lindsey could imagine that he was rolling his eyes by the tone in his voice.

"How can you all be so calm?" Red Hood shouted, his gaze returning to Lindsey. "There is an intruder in the Batcave!"

Robin ran around the Batmobile. Once he saw Lindsey his mouth dropped, and he became pale.

"Lindsey?" he choked out. "How? What's going on? Hood put your gun down!"

"Who is this chick?" Red Hood asked, his gun still raised, pointed at Lindsey.

"Hood. Now!" Batman yelled. Red Hood lowered his gun slowly. Lindsey could feel a glare coming from him, even if she couldn't see his eyes.

"Can I ask what the hell is going on?" Lindsey shouted. She was getting more and more confused as she stood in the cave.

"You're in the Batcave, Lindsey," Nightwing said, coming up from the platform to where Lindsey was standing. "I thought that much would be obvious by now."

"Okay, I got that," Lindsey snapped. "How do you guys know my name?"

"Are you going to tell her, Robin?" Red Robin asked.

"I was hoping I wouldn't have to tell her for a while longer," Robin muttered coming up from the platform, standing next to Nightwing. Batman was behind him, but when he got up there, he automatically went over to the huge computer. He sat in the chair before he began typing on the computer.

"Here's your perfect chance," Batman said. "She can't run away now, can she?"

"What the hell is that supposed to mean?" Lindsey screamed turning to the Batman, terrified out of her mind.

Robin walked up to Lindsey and grabbed her wrist, making her face him. She fought against his grip, trying to pull her wrist away from his hand with to no avail.