Chapter 20: Pets

Lindsey was patiently waiting in the kitchen for Damian to clean himself up and come downstairs to eat something. Alfred was putting something together for Damian.

"I'm glad you two are back together," Alfred said. "I was afraid what would happen to him if you two stayed apart."

"What did you think was going to happen?" Lindsey asked.

"The worst, he would turn back into the boy he was when he arrived," Alfred said. "Or that he would end his own life."

"You think he would do that?" Lindsey wondered aloud. It was hard for Lindsey to believe that Damian would want to hurt himself that badly. And because of her, of all reasons.

"I didn't know what he was capable of when he was like that," Alfred answered. "He really does love you, Lindsey. That much is obvious."

"Thank you, Alfred," Lindsey whispered, blush rising to her cheeks. "What was Damian like when he was young, when he first got here? His brothers said he was a demon."

"Well, he was a brat back then," Alfred said. "He still is a bit today-"

"I think that's enough Alfred," Damian said walking into the kitchen. "And I wasn't a brat."

"Ah, yes, you were an entitled bastard is what you were," Alfred snapped before placing a plate of food down sharply in front of the chair next to Lindsey. "Here's your lunch, Master Damian. Let me know if either of you need anything else.

And just like that Alfred exited like an elegant badass. Lindsey smiled at how Alfred treated Damian. In the months that Damian and Lindsey have been together she learned one very important thing about Alfred Pennyworth. He didn't take any bullshit from the Waynes, which made him a badass.

Damian sat next to Lindsey before digging into the food in front of him. He ate the food ravenously. But it was to be expected, he hadn't eaten for days. Lindsey sat patiently for him to finish.

As he finished he turned to Lindsey, "As I was showering, there's something I realized."

"What's that? You're not as put together as everyone thinks?" Lindsey asked.

"No, but by now, everyone will realize, you're my only weakness," Damian said, placing a kiss on her cheek.

"Okay, when did you get cheesy," Lindsey said, pushing him away. "What did you realize?"

"There's some more family members you haven't met yet," Damian said with a sly smile.

"There's more?" Lindsey asked. "How many kids has Bruce adopted?"

"You'd be surprised. Do you want to meet them," Damian said with a smirk on his face. Lindsey nodded. Damian took her hand and lead her through the house to the back entrance. They exited the Manor and began walking through the backyard, toward the back of the property.

"Do they live in the servant's quarters?" Lindsey asked realizing they were getting close to the area.

"You'll see," Damian said slyly. Damian then veered to the right going in to opposite direction of the servant's quarters. Lindsey had never been back that way with Damian.

Damian continued guiding Lindsey by the hand until they reached the back of the property. There standing in the corner next to a wooden gated area, was a barn. It was grey in color, but looked like any other barn you'd expect. Damian stopped and let go of Lindsey hand to pull open the large door.

Lindsey looked in and said, "When you brought me back here, I expected the barn to be renovated into an apartment. Not an actual barn."

Damian let out a single chuckle before taking Lindsey's hand again and leading her inside. Damian stopped in front of the only pen with an animal. A single brownish-red and white cow stood there chewing on some hay. It mooed at the two of them and Damian grinned. Lindsey looked at Damian surprised at how he reacted to the cow. An actual smile. Lindsey only got a few of those a day, and only in private.