Chapter 13: Boyfriend

It was the next morning when Lindsey woke up suddenly. She was having a dream of the events that had happened the night before. She shot out of sleep and grabbed her phone. She dialed Ryeanne's number as quick as possible and held the phone up to her ear.

"Hello?" Ryeanne answered groggily.

"You won't believe what happened last night!" Lindsey said into the phone with too much enthusiasm.

"Lindsey, do you know what time it is?" Ryeanne asked.

"No, I just woke up and called you," Lindsey answered.

"It's four o'clock in the fucking morning," Ryeanne said. Lindsey looked outside her window. It was still dark outside. She had slept for less than four hours, yet was completely energized. "And it's Saturday, I need to sleep in. You can tell me later."

"But Damian asked me to be his girlfriend," Lindsey said quickly. There was no sound on the other side of the phone. "Ryeanne? Are you still there?"

"I will be there in thirty minutes!" Ryeanne yelled into the phone a couple seconds later. "Have your staff make me breakfast though, I'll be hungry."

"Are you going to steal your parents' car?" Lindsey asked.

"I'll leave a note, and besides, I will be back," Ryeanne said nonchalantly.

"Okay, see you soon," Lindsey said before she hung up. She fell back in her bed in amazement. She had a boyfriend. But not just any boyfriend, Damian Wayne. The boy that no other girl could sink their claws into.

Before she knew it, Ryeanne was inside the manor, in Lindsey's room, eating eggs and toast on Lindsey's bed as she went into great detail about everything that happened the night before.

"The gala was robbed last night?" Ryeanne screamed when Lindsey reached the part. "Girl, you were staring down the barrel of a gun last night and BATMAN saved you. But just not Batman. ROBIN! He finally made an appearance. It's been forever since anyone has been saved by him."

"Does anyone have theories as to why Robin's been MIA?" Lindsey asked.

"Yeah, theories, but most of them are completely BS," Ryeanne said shoving some eggs into her mouth. "The most believable ones are that Batman has an age limit on Robins. The most recent has reached the limit and Batman's been trying to find a new one."

"What happens to them once they get old enough?" Lindsey asked.

Ryeanne shrugged setting the now-empty plate aside. "Go back to living their lives. Some say Batman kills them. Which I don't believe so. Others say they become solo vigilantes."

"Like who?"

"The one that's most believable is that Red Robin was the previous Robin to the one we have now. But I don't believe it. I hope that they just go back to their lives before they were involved with Batman."

"Wow no wonder Damian seemed confused," Lindsey said.

"Right, Damian!" Ryeanne yelled. "It's said that only in great danger will the truth will come out. Guess he was tired of keeping it hidden inside. That or when he was worrying about you, he finally realized he was in love with you. Or seeing you in that smokin hot dress  he wasn't able to keep it in his pants anymore."

"Let's go with the first or second one," Lindsey said as her face turned red over the last statement."

"You can't be that innocent if you're dating the hottest, baddest boy in school," Ryeanne groaned.

"We'll I've never kissed anyone before, or never had a boyfriend," Lindsey said.

"Wait you've never kissed anyone before?" Ryeanne shouted. "But girl, you're hot. Like really hot! How have you never been kissed?"