Chapter 8

It was a busy morning in the Castle of the Beast Royal Family. Ben was in his room going over some last minute preparations for his coranation, with his mother in a seat beside him.

"Alrighty so we have catering, entertainment and dance floor for the after party, and all we have is a choir for the service. So all we need left is floral arrangements." Ben said checking things off his list.

"Here I can write you a check." Belle said taking out her checkbook and writing down the payment amount. "$4,000 should be enough for floral arrangements." The Queen said ripping out the paper and handing it to Ben.

"Thanks." Ben says looking at the check. He then set it down and sat beside his mother. He then notice his mothers sad expression as she looked at the empty bassinet in the corner of the room. "Mom, do you want to talk about it?" Ben asked softly taking her hand in his.

"I'm fine Ben you don't need to worry about me." Belle told him getting up from her seat as she brushed off her gown.

"Mom I'm only trying to-" Ben was then interrupted by his mother.

"Ben!" Belle snapped startling her son. She than sighed taking in a deep breath. "Alright, fine I'll tell you. I'm not okay. I can't even look at you." Belle said turning around. "It's your fault my baby is gone. If you only stayed in the nursery your brother would be here today." She added as tears welding in her eyes. "It's your fault, Ben. It's all your fault!"

Ben gasped sitting up in his bed. He sighed relieved it was a dream. He then turned to the clock seeing it was about 3 in the morning. He got out of bed and walked into the bathroom connected to his bedroom. He turned on the faucet and splashed his face with cool water.

"Come on Ben, it was just a dream." Ben said slapping his face.

He let out a breath before heading back to bed he then paused and walked over to his dresser. He pulled open a drawer and picked up the enchanted mirror from his parents story. He took it from the museum a few months ago to look for his brother but it never really worked.

"Please work." Ben whispered in a pleading tone. "Show me my brother, show me Prince Beau." He said, and for a moment nothing happened as Ben expected but soon the cloudy mist started to glow to reveal an image of Grayson. Ben looked at the mirror in a trancelike manner. "Is Grayson, Beau?" Ben asked himself. He then sat down on his bed running a hand through his brown hair. "Well if it makes you feel any better, my birthday is coming up too." He rememberes Grayson saying the first day he met him. "Wow thanks Ben, I've never had a gift before, well other then what Evie got me a few years ago. She got me this cool music box." He even said he had a music box like Beau.

"Oh my God!" Ben yelled in realization. "Grayson is Beau." He told himself and got dressed as quickly as he could. He needed to tell his parents right away.

◇◇◇◇◇◇◇◇◇◇

It was about seven in the morning and Queen Belle was passing a room in the castle but stopped when she saw that the door to her son's nursery was open and peeked inside. The room that was once bright and filled with joy was now dark and dusty. The Queen ran a finger over the arch of the fire collecting dust on her fingertip. She then turned around as the door opened more to see Ben walk in with a rather glum look on his face.

"This was going to be his nursery." Belle said as she hugged the book she held tightly. "I was going to teach him how to talk, and take his first steps in here. I was going to have you show him how to dance and dress for his first ball." She added sadly as she thought about all the things she wanted to do with her youngest child. "We never got to do any of it." She added.