Chapter 5

Mal, Evie, Jay, Carlos, and Grayson were all in the kitchen making the love spell for Ben. Evie was staring the bowl as Mal read her spellbook for the ingredients.

"Ok, next it says we need one tear, and I never cry." Mal said as she looked at the others.

"Let's just chop up some onions." Carlos said grabbing an onion that was sitti g on the counter.

"No!" Mal said frustrated. "It says we need a tear of human sadness, and since this love position gets the best reviews we have to flow it exactly, or it won't work at all." Mal explained.

"A tears a tear." Jay said annoyed with his conversation.

"That's not true Jay, they both have antibodies and enzymes, but an emotional tear has more protein-based hormones than a reflex tear," Evie said making the others look at her. Mal smiled as she added a little more sugar in the bowl.

"Listen to you." Mal said and stirred the sugar into the bowl.

"Yeah, I knew that." Jay said making Grayson and Carlos chuckle and shake their heads.

"Did not." Carlos said punching Jay's arm.

"Yeah I did." Jay defended.

"No you really didn't." Grayson said. Making Jay role his eyes and the youngest of the VK's.

Just then the kitchen door opened and Mal fiddled with the spell book in her hands and put it down covering it with a napkin.

"There you are Mal, I've been looking for you everywhere. You know all the girls want you to do thier hair." Lonnie said. She then looked at the bowl that was in front of Mal and Evie. "Midnight snack huh, whatcha guys making?" Lonnie asked dipping her finger into the batter and eating it.

"Nothing special." Mal said casually but Lonnie then brought her finger to her mouth and tasted the coockie batter.

"No! Wait!" The five VK's yelled, with only made Lonnie looked at them all confused.

"What, I'm not gonna double dip." Lonnie said to them.

"You feel anything?" Evie asked.

"Yeah like it might be missing something." Mal said nervously as she stirred to the bowl some more. Jay then stepped forward with a smirk on his face.

"Hey there." He said as he leaned on the counter. Lonnie raised an eyebrow and then looked at the girls.

"It could use some chips." Lonnie said and walked past Jay.

"Chips?" He asked confused making the others sigh in relief.

"Chocolate chips, only the most important food group." Lonnie said said grabbing the chocolate chips on of the refrigerator. "Wait didn't your parents make you guys chocolate chip cookies?" Lonnie asked as she sprinkles chocolate chips into the cookies batter. "Like when you're feeling sad, and there fresh from the oven with a big old glass of milk and she just makes you laugh, and just puts everything into perspective and-" Lonnie cut herself off when she saw everyones faces. "Why are you all looking at me like that?" She asked.

"Our parents don't really do that sort of thing." Grayson said.

"Yeah, it's just different where we're from." Mal added. Lonnie nodded in understanding.

Descendants: The Lost PrinceOn viuen les histories. Descobreix ara