Chapter 10 "Jelously"

"So full of artless jealousy is guilt,
It spills itself in fearing to be spilt."
William Shakespeare

Ivar saw her leaving the Seers hut

Ivar saw her leaving the Seers hut. He wondered what did that creature said to Josephine since she looked distressed.
Nevertheless princess looked scarred and it worried Ivar and he never felt that way before.
Before he knew, Josephine approached him and even had enough strength to smile. It wasn't a fake smile however, no it was a genuine 'I'm happy to see you' smile and no one, besides Ivar's mother of course smiled at him that way before.
"Your highness we couldn't find you."
Ivar decided to speak first.
"Oh I'm sorry for worrying you, my king but I just wanted to see Kattegat and I must've lost my way, thank the heavens you found me before something could happen to me."
Something inside Ivar twitched when she called him 'my king.' He could feel his manly part throbbing and Ivar never felt this way before.
Not with Margreth, not with any women he found at least bit attractive. Ivar was sure that you put a spell on him, he just didn't know what kind of spell it was yet.
Meanwhile Josephine was wondering if she ever felt the way she felt to Ivar, even though she knew him for one day only!
The girl shouldn't have feelings towards complete stranger. It's wrong on so many levels.
Both of them felt like they knew each other before but they had no idea how or why they felt that way. Only one person knew, he was laying on his back in his old hut, thinking that the Ragnarok was nothing compared to soon, too happen, events.
***
When she entered the great hall, someone wrapped their hands around her. At the beginning Josephine was shocked and scarred but she relaxed after recognizing Hvitserek's voice.
"Gods I thought something happened to you."
"My deepest apologies my prince but can't I go for a stroll? I don't have to explain everything to you?"
She asked but small smile appeared on her lips.
None of them saw blue eyed, crippled man staring at them in anger.
Ivar approached them as quickly as his crutches allowed him to.
"Brother, princess Josephine here is a free woman and she can do whatever she wants. If she wants to be far away from your pathetic persona, let her. I wouldn't hold it against her."
Hvitserek rolled his eyes at Ivar.
"Nice to see you too brother, again."
Sensing the tension, Josephine interrupted both of them.
"My king, my prince I'm sorry but I would like to meet more people of Kattegat and I would like to know their culture. How can I do that?"
Both men looked at her surprised. Ivar was shocked she even considered something like that and Hvitserek was impressed by her bravery. It would be hard for people of Kattegat to trust a Christian woman.
"If you want we can hold annual meeting with people earlier than usual"
Said Ivar.
"What's annual meeting?"
"It's when me, the king, meet with people of the Kattegat and listen to their complains and I promise them better ways of life."
"That sounds amazing!"
"You don't have that in France?"
Asked supposed Hvitserek.
"I don't know I wasn't really invited to these kind of events."
The girl made up a quick lie. She had completely no idea if staff like that was actually taking place in French court.
"Oh yes I forgot about Christians and their strange culture of not allowing women to do anything. I'm surprised they allow you to even walk."
Said Ivar and Josephine could hear mocking in his voice.
She had to be honest with herself, she hated that too.
"I hate that shit too" she said and both men looked at her surprised.
"Did you just swear?!"
Asked Hvitserek.
The girl had no idea what to say so she just quickly answered;
"Well don't act surprised I thought you knew that I'm not an ordinary Christian."
Josephine said and slightly punched the man, on the arm. Getting surprised reactions from both Hvitserek and Ivar.
"I'm sorry don't hit me."
Hvitserek pretended to be hurt and started teasing the girl. Which got him angry looks from Ivar.
"Brother can you stop being childish and go and check on the farmer who complained about having big harvest but not enough people to help him?"
Asked Ivar.
"What now? All of sudden? Is middle of the winter? He won't be getting any harvest soon."
That earned him another angry look. It looks could kill, Hvitserek would be smelling flowers from the other side.
"Alright I'll go but if you hear about having one less farmer then don't blame me."
He said after realizing his brother wants to be alone with the princess.
After he left, the silence between Josephine and Ivar became bit uncomfortable. Suddenly Ivar asked
"Would you mind dining with me tonight?"
***
And I'm back!!! I hope this chapter is better than the previous one and I promise the action will take more turns and won't be happening at the same place all the time.