Chapter 18

~~~~~~~The Day Of The Gala~~~~~~~

Marinette's POV

Selina zipped up the back of my dress and I looked at myself in the mirror. My baby bump was showing through my dress. I was still scared that they would try to hurt my baby again. I'm not sure I would be as lucky if it happened a second time. 

I managed to tell Damian's family that my class hurt me and Damian was about ready to kill them from hurting me and the baby

I managed to tell Damian's family that my class hurt me and Damian was about ready to kill them from hurting me and the baby. He was easily the angriest out of everybody. He was ready to murder them. 

Why I stopped them I don't know, but I did let them gather lawsuits on everything and I knew Damian was going to get them in prison for almost killing me and the baby. I use some magic and makeup to cover some scars and let my hair down. 

I put on my heels and smile at Selina. "How do I look?" "Hotter than fire, my dear. Are you sure you want to do this?" I fiddle with my engagement ring. "Yeah. I'm sure." "Okay. Come on. The boys are waiting." 

I nod and take a deep breath. I walk out of the room and head over to where the boys were waiting. Damian is wearing a sleek fitting tux and his hair is gelled in it's normal style. His jade green eyes seemed more electric than usual. 

His eyes meet mine and his lips lift slightly. I walk to him and he grabs my hand and places a soft kiss on my knuckles. "You look lovely, Angel. Are you sure you want to do the announcement?" "Yes. I'm sure. Now come on. The others are waiting." 

He chuckles and leads me to the limo where Alfred is waiting. Everyone else is already at the Gala. Selina stayed to give me a pep talk and help me fit into my dress. We arrive at the Gala and I grip Damian's hand. 

There were paparazzi and news people right outside of the limo. Damian gives my hand and encouraging squeeze and opens the door. He walks out and I walk out after him. I keep my head up and keep my gaze on the door. 

I tighten my grip when I hear questions about my bump. We enter the building and I loosen my grip on Damian's hand a little bit. "Nettie!" I look to my right and see Uncle Jagged and Aunt Penny. "There's my rock n' roll niece!" 

I smile and give him a hug. "Hey Uncle Jagged. Hi Aunt Penny." "Mar, what's this?" I look at Aunt Penny, who had a smirk on her face and was pointing to my bump. "Well..." "It don't matter! Imma get another niece... or nephew. Or both. I wouldn't mind that either." 

I fail to keep a blush from spreading across my cheeks and cover my face with my hands. "I'm gonna go see where Chloe is." I look around for Chloe as I walk. I wind up at the food table and grab a few (ok, more than a few) brownies. But they were made by Alfred. Can you blame me?

I see the class and quickly walk in the other direction to avoid them. I see Jon and walk to him. "Jon!" He looks in my direction and smiles. "Hey Mari!" I give him a hug and smile. "Are you ready for the announcement? It starts in like 5 minutes." My eyes widen.