telephone

arianna berkshire

I slowly walk down the stairs, Enzo was already downstairs, and Zeno, Rora, and Sebastian were still asleep.

"This is wrong. I don't know how long I can keep up with this crap." Lorenzo whispered into the phone. I stopped in my tracks to listen.

"Is that all you called for?" He listened to the other person's response, "Thank you- for updating me-. Yes, I know, I know" he said a name after he said 'I know' but he whispered it and I couldn't make out the name.

He hung up and I continued walking down the stairs. I snuck up behind him, "what was that about?" I questioned.

He jolted and turned around. "Merlin, Ari, you scared me," he sharply exhaled. I slowly walked closer to him.

He parted his lips, "it was Luna. She told me that she needed to plant more flowers for the shop. She wanted my approval before she started planting," he sighed.

I nervously bit my bottom lip and nodded.

I put my hand on his shoulder and quickly detected that he was lying.

"Uh, what flowers did she want to plant?" I questioned as I took my hand off of his shoulder.

"Uhm- you know, Dahlia's. They're our best sellers.." he huffed.

I nodded, why won't he just tell me the truth. Lately, he's been lying a lot, nothing big, though. He's been 'trying to find someone,' or so he says.

"I promise, I'm not lying." He sighed.

"I never said you were" I defended.

"I can see that look in your eyes," he said lowly as he brushed his hand against my cheek, "We've been married for almost 4 years, I know when something's wrong with you."

"I'm fine Lorenzo," I smiled, "Did Luna say anything else?"

"Lu-? Oh yeah, I mean no- no, she didn't say anything else," he stammered.

"Is there something you want to tell me?" I asked as I held his hands, "You can tell me anything, Lorenzo. You know that."

He let go of my right hand and ran his hand through his hair, "I wish I could- but I promise, everything will play out in the end. I'm not cheating on you, I'm not leaving you, just be patient."

I nodded and he pulled me closer to hug him.

His tight embrace overwhelmed me. I slowly moved back as he put his hands on my shoulders and kissed my forehead.

I didn't want to say anything because I didn't like arguing with him. He would never hurt me, but his words hurt a lot. I say awful shit too, and it just ruins our relationship for a while.

"You said you loved me, Arianna! Did you not fucking mean it? I should've known what I was getting myself into when I started going out with-"

"Don't finish that fucking sentence Lorenzo!"

"God, you're so fucking impossible!" He exclaimed as he rubbed his face with his hands, "you really are your father's daughter."

"Shut the fuck up Lorenzo! You don't get to-"

"I don't get to what?!"

"You don't get to say shit to me, after everything YOU'VE put me through!"

He huffed and walked closer to me, "like what?!"

I scoffed, "you cheated on me with Lucille while I was pregnant-"

"Oh my fucking God will you stop bringing that up?! You always bring it up when we have arguments like this!"

"And I'll keep bringing it up because it fucking happened Lorenzo. You don't know how many FUCKING times Draco tried to kiss me while we were dating, yet, I would still push him away, but the SECOND Lucille throws herself on you, you cave in and have sex with her!"

"Draco tried to do what?!"

"Let me finish!" I exclaimed, "After all you've put me through, I guess I still love you, and that fucking pisses me off. I can't go one fucking second without thinking about you. I didn't know what love really was before I met you, and yet I found myself so overly in love with you. I go to bed, afraid, that one day I'll wake up and you'll not be by my side, Lorenzo."

I cross my arms and stare at him as tears start welling in my eyes.

I hate when we argue like this. Over little fucking things like our kids and how we were too young and irresponsible. 

He walks up and hugs me, "I don't want to loose you either," he mumbled. "I've been so stupid-. Now, I just want to grow old with you, I want to spend every second of my life with you. Did you know it terrifies me that you're an Auror now?"

"Why?" I muttered.

"No matter how strong and capable you are, I can't help but think you'll get hurt, or you won't make it out alive one day."

I pull away from our hug, "I won't get hurt, and if anything I have Draco by my side." 

"I know, I know-. It's just- I don't know what I would do with myself if you left me."

 I intertwined my fingers with his, "You're not going to loose me, Enzo." 

....

Another short chapter..

If I'm being honest, I don't want this story to get taken down, many people have already threatened to report this story, and I have gotten warnings from Wattpad before. So, if this gets taken down I'm not going to reupload it, but I'll make a similar one, with the same plot and everything, but without all the plot holes lol. 

This chapter was mostly based on the last chapter of Obscene! 

Next chapter's going to be a larger time jump, because this story is ending soon!