Chapter 2: The Ball in Triox

Art by @Kaiishou_ on Twitter!

The reflection in the mirror showed me the beautiful dress that Kristen had made for me, a small smile appeared on my features as I admired the dress. It was a backless white dress with gold embroidery that was designed to resemble flowers. My fingers traced the diamonds that decorated the dress, hoping that they weren't real. "Ah! My beautiful girl.", smiled Kristen, kissing my head.

I thanked her again as she started to style my hair; she was very gentle and reminded me so much of my mother. "Mistress, is the King of the East strict?", I asked. Kristen giggled and reassured me that the king was a great man. "I met him as a child before his father passed, such a lovely child.", sighed Kristen. My mind relaxed a little knowing that the King wasn't a hard person to approach.

"His friends might be another issue.", laughed Kristen. Thoughts flooded my mind as those words echoed in my mind, Kristen smiled knowingly before she continued. "They're not ones to talk about themselves... Dream is the oldest and a great Hunter, he goes by many names but Dream should be fine with him. Sapnap is the best Alchemist in their kingdom and is equally as ruthless as Dream when it comes to protecting George. Don't be intimated by him, he's a good boy.", smiled Kristen. I took that to heart since that reassured me that I wouldn't have problems with them.

Kristen hummed as she put white flowers in my hair, complimenting how lovely they looked on me. Philza came into the room and smiled at us. "I'm not sure I should take our lovely apprentice to the celebration, Kristen...", joked Philza. My Mistress smacked his shoulder playfully and winked at me. "You better have fun. If anyone messes with you turn them into a rat, as I showed you.", she smirked, amusement in her eyes. I nodded before Philza told me it was time to go; I walked out and was complimented by the boys.

I followed Philza outside while everyone followed us to say their farewells. "(Y/n), would you like to officially become part of our family?", he asked. There was a blood oath that one did to become part of others families, a knot formed in my throat before I nodded. Kristen and Wilbur chuckled before Philza cut the palm of his hand with his nail, he did the same for my palm and began to chant. It was an old language but very beautiful, a green glow surrounded us and the overwhelming feeling of joy. There was a sudden pain in my back before my eyes landed on a set of wings that had sprouted. They were a beautiful shade of white with gold lightly decorating the ends.

"Welcome to the family, you are now officially my daughter.", smiled Philza. Kristen ran over and hugged us along with my brothers, I didn't feel out of place with them. Carefully, Philza pulled me up and showed me how to fly, all my fear washing away with the warm wind that blew. Once I was confident enough, Philza let go of my hands, I flew around and enjoyed my new limbs. "When you get back, we're going to race around!", grinned Wilbur, flying around me. Tommy protested from the ground as he demanded to fly with us. "That's enough, off you two! You'll be late to the celebration.", chuckled Kristen, carrying Tommy and heading back inside. We waved and flew in the direction to the Kingdom of the East, which I learned was named Triox.

"Father, thank you for letting me accompany you.", I smiled, as we flew. The word came out naturally as it belonged to the God next to me. His family was my family now and my gratitude was always overflowing for this chance I had received. It was nothing new for him to hear this word leave my lips, as on occasion it would slip making my Masters giggle. Philza brought me in for a hug, strong yet it was overflowing with love and warmth. "It was about time you got comfortable.", he teased.

A strong gust of wind surprised us, Philza kept me close before he chuckled. I tilted my head and yelped as I saw a man with gold-colored wings smiling at us. He had black hair with a crown of blue forget-me-nots and beautiful tan skin that reminded me of warm summer days by the lake. His eyes were full of warmth and his smile made you feel like you had known him all your life.