Chapter 34: Declaration of War

READER POV

I watched as Philza slowly opened his eyes, he looked at Techno and me. We had joined him when he had taken Tommy, he sighed as if he had done the heaviest work ever. "I'm okay now... I had to deliver his soul to its rightful resting place.", he whispered. We got up and made our way to the castle, some knights ran to ask if we need anything but they soon went quiet as they saw Tommy. "Captain...", whispered one of them. The other had tears running down his cheeks, it was understandable, they had seen Tommy grow up in this kingdom. "Report the death of the Captain... Tell our people that if they wish to mourn in the chapel for our Captain then they can do so after the bell rings...", ordered Techno. The two knights nodded before running towards the plaza. I followed Philza to the castle while Techno headed towards the chapel. "We will lay him next to Wilbur...", whispered Philza. I could only nod since I couldn't find any better place to lay his body than next to our brother's.

When we arrived at the castle, Kristen stood at the doors. She walked over and looked at Tommy, she looked devastated. "My sweet boy... I'll visit you soon...", she whispered and placed a kiss on his forehead. I looked at Tommy, he had color in his cheek and now looked like he was sleeping peacefully. "How are you, sweetheart?", asked Kristen, her warm hands cupped my face. No words came out, there was a storm in my heart. I was angry at the creature who did this but also sad, I wanted to scream and cry. "I'm in pain...", I finally confessed. Kristen immediately hid me, as if I were a child once again, her warmth made my walls break, and with it came a flood of emotions that had been held back. We cried together at the entrance, my hands gripped her dress as I tried to control myself but my mother would reassure me to let it all out and I did so.

The ceremony was short, the chapel was now slowly filling with people of our kingdom, each offering their condolences before placing flowers around Tommy. For Wilbur's resting, we had held it in the chapel that was located inside the ocean monument but since Tommy always loved being with our people, we all had decided that they had a right to say their goodbye. It was a temporary goodbye since now there was more reason for a resurrection. "Our people will want to avenge Tommy... This will start a major war...", sighed Techno. I nodded, this was too much and unfortunately we needed to declare war on Triox for Dream's actions. The maids and soldiers that always followed us along with Mark, silently nodded as we said this. I gave them a gentle smile before telling them all to go and rest since it had been a lot to prepare. Mark nodded before he ordered them to follow him back to the castle. They all bowed as they left us all there.

My eyes landed on Sally, who cried softly as she held Tommy's hand. Fundy cried silently by her side as he held her shoulder, it must have been too hard for the child to lose his father and his uncle in the same year. A presence next to me made me look up at my son, he was all bandaged up next to us. Even though we told him to rest, he fought his way out of his room and was escorted by Mark into the chapel. Tubbo was still unconscious but we all feared the rage and guilt he would feel when he woke up. I held my husband's hand before taking my son's hand as well. "We will bring them back but for now, we should prepare for the storm that is coming our way...", I whispered.

The storm arrived two weeks after the ceremony was held, a knight had reported a carriage with the royal crest of the kingdom of Triox was heading for the gates. "Do NOT allow them inside this kingdom.", growled Techno. My hand went to his shoulder before he could stand, he was exhausted with research and his current state would be a sign of victory for Triox. "Stay here while I deal with them, my King.", I smiled. Techno frowned before he let out a soft sigh, he nodded and I followed the knight all the way to our walls. The soldier helped me up the icy stairs before we reached the top, the archers all had their crossbows loaded and looked at me for the order. I looked down to see the God of Day standing there, he looked different but that didn't stop him from lifting his hands as the hostility that my men showed would frighten even the bravest of Gods. "Stand down, everyone.", I said before my hand went up. Bad put his hands down before he pulled out a scroll, he was obviously the messenger for Triox. "State your purpose here.", I said. The God nodded before he opened a scroll in his hand.