Chapter 31: Fire in the Distance

Art by @c0rpsing on Instagram!!! Their art is just *chef kiss*, give em a follow!

THIRD-PERSON POV

Philza and Kristen were created to watch over Life and Death, their job was to care for the souls of all creatures but even they had limits. "Resurrection is not in our abilities...", frowned Philza. His voice was laced with disappointment and pain, his daughter frowned before apologizing. The God of Death looked up to see the disappointment on his children's faces. Wilbur was no longer there with them and he knew that was a great pain for both Tommy and (Y/n), but he knew something that they didn't. He was always with them, his soul was still lingering around his siblings even after his wife took him to rest. "It's okay, dear... You asked something that anyone else would be too scared to ask me...", said Phil. Techno placed his cup down onto the table before he looked at his friend, it was impossible to say that there was no way to bring Wil back. The Blood God felt the heavy guilt of Wilburs death on his shoulders, if he had received that blow like Fundy said, Wil would be here... with his family. "Don't take that child's words to heart, old friend... The pain is speaking on his behalf.", said Phil, snapping Techno out of his thoughts. A gentle hand was placed over his and his eyes looked into the pools of (e/c). The Goddess of Hope nodded in agreement to her father's words, Tommy voiced his agreement bringing peace to the Blood God's mind. "I know... Still, I won't rest until Wilbur is here with us...", sighed Techno. His family nodded, none of them would allow Wilbur to stay dead.

"That assassin... He was too good...", frowned Tommy. This caught everyone's attention, Tommy had referred to the assassin as a male but that disturbed each person in the room. "Toms... It couldn't have been a man... They were quite slender...", frowned (Y/n). The Blood God agreed with his wife, the assassin was of a smaller frame than a male. "Are you sure about what you saw, son?", asked Philza. Tommy crossed his arms before his wings appeared, it was a habit of his when he was deep in thought. Everyone waited patiently for the boy, he might have been younger than all of them but there was a good reason why he had become the Captain of the army. He never made a mistake that would lead his family down the wrong path. Techno had noticed that when he saw the child's enthusiasm to learn under his wing, Tommy had a keen eye for things everyone else couldn't see.

"Yes... The person who killed Wilbur was a male... Taller than Techno but leaner... He wouldn't have the ability to fight against Techie... I mean Techno...", frowned Tommy, making his wings disappear. The Blood God smiled at the childish nickname, his wife and his friend were chuckling softly but soon became serious. "That means they're using some kind of cloaking spell against us...", sighed Philza. Tommy stood up before declaring that he would send his familiars all over the country along with (Y/n)'s familiars. "They didn't find the assassin but they managed to get a piece of the cloak.", said the Goddess. Everyone examined the piece of cloth before Techno confirmed that it was wool from Solis. "I'll begin my search there, Your Majesties.", said Tommy, bowing in Techno and (Y/n)'s direction. The Gods both frowned, they mutually didn't want to send Tommy on his own but they knew better than to keep him restrained.

"Find them... Find them and bring them before us, Theseus.", said Techno, his voice was firm but laced with worry for the boy. Tommy lifted his head to look at his sister, he wanted both of their approvals. "As the King has ordered, bring them here... Fall back if the situation becomes dire, Theseus.", said (Y/n). The name Theseus was more than just a name, it was a title given by the King to the boy. Anyone who heard it knew that Technoblade had his trust in the boy's skills and judgment. To Tommy, when he heard both the Queen and King use that title towards him, he knew that both of them were putting all their hopes and trust in him.