Chapter 26: Withdrawl

"I RETREAT MY CHAMPION! I GIVE VERI THE VICTORY OF THIS MATCH!", shouted George as he disappeared. I withdrew my sword as the crowd exploded with applause but Dream was looking at me with horror. "(Y/n)... I don't want to do this...", whispered Dream, his eyes dulled for a moment. I didn't understand until he dug his ax deeper into my shoulder and down my chest. The screams and shouts of the people overwhelmed my ears, everything was utter chaos. The red of my blood spraying into the air as Dream retracted his weapon. It was quite surprising, yet I didn't feel the pain. My eyes looked into my friends eyes, the pools of green were now black as I fell backwards. I could hear the screams of George and Sapnap along with the children's wails. Everything felt slow as my vision blurred for a bit, yet I heard my family on their way to aid me.

Reassurance washed over my body and mind as a strong pair of arms brought me into a familiar chest. My eyes found themselves gazing into the ones I loved to admire most, my mind focused on the words his lips were forming. "Drink this!", demanded Techno as he brought a bottle to my lips. He looked absolutely terrified, I began to wonder how bad I looked. Regardless of that, the warm liquid ran down my throat and I quickly obeyed the command. I coughed a few times before my lips allowed a whimper of pain to escape them. I could feel the torn flesh mold back and close completely the wound. Techno quickly scooped me up before he focused on Dream; my eyes looked over at the man and could see that he was in pain. "Don't hurt him...", I whispered before I rested my head on my husbands chest. Tommy quickly picked up the sword that I had dropped, Ranboo and him stepped in front of us and awaited any orders that Technoblade would give.

TECHNOBLADE'S POV

The urge to kill Dream in front of the whole crowd in the coliseum and his friends was overwhelming. The voices screamed and wailed for his blood, reminding me that he almost had taken someone irreplaceable. The boys seemed to be ready to attack as well yet my eyes looked down to see the frown on (Y/n)'s features. "Tommy... Ranboo... Get behind me.", I ordered. They did as they were told, their gaze never leaving Dreams crouched figure on the ground. A sigh left (Y/n)'s lips before she looked up to smile at me, my chest tightened as tears rolled down her cheeks. Tears caused by an after effect of drinking the potion, I looked at my wife as she began to regain her color. She never held a grudge against anyone even if they hurt her. "I'm okay, Techno...", she whispered before her eyes closed. She had lost a lot of blood so I allowed her to sleep knowing that the potion had done its job. Tommy gently offered his cape before I noticed that my wife was exposed to the eyes of many. A simple nod was enough to thank the boy and for him to throw the cape over his sister.

"Please, Technoblade... Dream isn't in his right mind! I will offer my head in his stead.", frowned George as he removed his crown. Sapnap and Dream protested as George said this, guilt and some form of objection came over me as I watched one of our long-term friends offer his head for his lover. I couldn't find it in me to blame him either, if there was ever a possibility, I too would sacrifice myself for (Y/n). I sighed before remembering what (Y/n) had whispered earlier, even if I wanted to kill them, I couldn't. "I grant mercy to the competitor named Dream...", I growled, my mouth going sour as the words left my lips. Tommy quickly opposed my decision and I couldn't agree more with the boy yet I knew that it wasn't what (Y/n) wanted. "It's been decided, Theseus...", I mumbled. He quickly became quiet and nodded, his eyes landing on (y/n)'s sleeping figure in my arms. "Let us go now... George, this will be the last time I show mercy to anyone that harms my family that's from your kingdom.", my gaze met with Dreams, "Dream... Next time you lay a finger on one of my family members... I'll make the blood spilled in the previous wars look insignificant...", I growled. The young King nodded and thanked me before hiding Dream away from my sight, I made my way to the room where the competitors got ready. Ranboo and Tommy quickly came to see how (Y/n) was. Tommy thanked the Heavens before carefully taking his sister's hand. He fell to his knees and sighed before he placed his forehead on her hand; Ranboo looked at them before looking at me.

"Will she be okay now?", asked the boy. My gaze landed on his eyes, they were filled with worry for his mother and I couldn't blame him for that. "Yes, she's a warrior... This is nothing to her.", I smiled, patting his soft locks. Tommy stood up and looked in my direction, asking for permission to go see his older brother as well. "Go, do not tell them of what happened... Philza and your mother will be too busy with Wilbur.", I sighed. Tommy nodded and thanked me before leaving quietly to the other room. Sighing, I took a seat next to (Y/n), she was fast asleep like if she hadn't battled to death with someone. "May I stay?", asked Ranboo. A chuckle escaped my throat as he asked that, I nodded and saw how the boy's eyes lit up. He quickly took a seat next to me, thanking me before relaxing.

When (Y/n) opened her eyes, Ranboo had fallen asleep with his head on my shoulder. "You two look inseparable.", teased (y/n). I rolled my eyes at her before she sat up and cupped my face. "I apologize to have worried you, my King.", she smiled, before kissing my cheek. The tension that had remained in my body soon left as I saw her teasing smile and the mischief in her eyes. "I wasn't worried.", I sighed. The goddess only giggled before her eyes landed on Ranboo, her motherly instinct quickly showed when she saw any of the children in sight. "My beloved Ranboo, fast asleep like a baby.", she smiled. Her hand gently caressed his cheek as she came over to kiss his head. "I'm sorry to have made you worry, love...", she whispered. Before I could say anything, there was a knock on the door. Tubbo poked his head inside as we asked him to enter, he came to report that Wilbur was okay now. His wings would take some time to recover but thanks to the potion my wife sacrificed, he would be back to normal.

"I'll take Ranboo with me... You should rest, Sister. Tommy explained what happened.", frowned the boy. My wife smiled before nodding, she summoned her wolf and carefully placed Ranboo on its back. "Please take care of him.", she whispered. Tubbo took hold of her hands before reassuring her that he would be okay. Once the door closed I sat the Goddess in my lap while she got comfortable. "You're not too upset with me, right?", she frowned. I let a chuckle escape me; she was one of the many that made me laugh. "Of course not... I would let you know if I was.", I smiled. (Y/n) nodded before she closed her eyes, my hand found it's way to her soft cheek, she hummed contently before she smiled. In a blink, she was once again in my arms with the large wound bleeding out. Tommy and Ranboo were screaming for her as she dropped the sword, Dreams sadistic smile as he fell to his knees while holding the ax that had harmed (Y/n). My breathing was off as the memories of only moments ago started replying in my mind. My wife along with my newfound family was all I had and I had almost lost them due to my incompetence to stop the fight earlier.

℘ཞơɬɛƈɬ ɬɧɛɱ... ƙıƖƖ ɖཞɛąɱ... ცƖơơɖ ʄơཞ ɬɧɛ ცƖơơɖ ɠơɖ!!! ყơų ąƖɱơʂɬ Ɩơʂɬ ɧɛཞ... ʄąıƖųཞɛ... ყơųཞ ʄąųƖɬ!!! ῳıƖცųཞ ąƖɱơʂɬ ɖıɛɖ... ɬɧɛ ƙıɖʂ ąཞɛ ʂųʄʄɛཞıŋɠ... ɬɧɛყ ƈąŋɬ ცɛ ɧąཞɱɛɖ ąɠąıŋ... ℘ཞơɬɛƈɬ! ℘ཞơɬɛƈɬ ɬɧɛɱ!

"Techno?", whispered (Y/n), her hand was gently placed on my cheek. The voices were silenced as my eyes looked into hers, she gave me a warm smile that she only reserved for her family and me. "It's okay now... You don't have to listen to them.", she reassured. My hand that was on her cheek relaxed before my eyes closed. My wife's hand was no longer cold and her warmth seeped into my skin as a sigh escaped my lips.

"I know..."

Apologies for errors
Hope you enjoyed, as always
Thanks for

*Reading
*Voting
*Commenting
*Following
*Adding this to your Reading list

Have a good morning/day/afternoon/evening/night!

*~ TØP RAVEN ~*