Chapter 27: The Four Horsemen

Commissioned by @canonicalkai on Instagram!! If you want any commissions done and loved this style, shoot him a message! Maybe even follow! 

When we went to visit Wilbur, my parents asked how my match went. I didn't lie and told them what had happened. "What?!", exclaimed Philza as he gripped his sword. Techno explained that Dream had been disqualified by Quackity and Karl. George had agreed while even going as far as to leave with Dream back to Triox. George's familiar arrived shortly after we had arrived to apologize on his behalf, much to my parent's anger they didn't say anything too rash to the poor creature. It bowed before disappearing, my parents sighed and began to lecture the children on how to properly prepare in case something like that happened again for their matches. 

My eyes landed on my brother's sleeping face, he looked quite relaxed as he slept soundly. A wave of relief washed over me as I saw him with a much better complexion than before. Though my parents didn't seem to want to address the bigger question that seemed to roam on everyone's mind as they looked at Wilbur. "His wings... How are they?", I frowned as my eyes landed on them. They were supposed to be fine now but they were wrapped up in bandages, letting me know that the potion wasn't good enough to heal them properly. Philza confirmed this as he frowned, he began to tell us that Wilbur wouldn't be able to fly right away. Even though the potion was given to him, one of his wings was too damaged to heal as quickly as his body while the other remained stiff and unable to move. "I understand...", I frowned. Techno suggested that my parents go rest since the matches for the day had been finished. Tommy agreed before escorting our parents to their room. "You look worried...", frowned my husband as he joined my side.

I shook my head, it wasn't the right time to worry everyone with my superstitions. There was a knock on the door before we told them to come in. A young man popped his head in before I recognized him. "Foolish, it's nice to see you again.", I smiled before telling him to join us. The man smiled before handing us a small bouquet. "I hope he gets better... He was magnificent during that fight...", smiled Foolish. I thanked him before placing the flowers with some that had already been there when we had arrived. I asked Foolish if he wanted anything to drink, he thanked me before telling me that a glass of water would be fine. We all gathered around the small table in the room before Foolish pulled out a long wooden box. It was beautifully carved with designs of flowers and nature. "I finally finished these for you as requested, Technoblade.", smiled the man. My eyes went to my husband, he had a satisfied smile on his lips as he thanked Foolish. I didn't question it at first but became curious to the point where I had grabbed Techno's hand. 

"What's in the box?", I asked. Both men gave me an amused smile before Techno took the lid off the box. I looked at the beautiful craftsmanship of the earrings residing inside, green emeralds with a long gold chain, it was connected to a black diamond on the end that was the piece that hooked onto your ear. "Beautiful.", I muttered. Techno chuckled before confessing that he felt relieved that I liked them. "I had these made for all of us in Veri. These will help us know if anyone is injured or in danger.", explained Techno. Foolish nodded before explaining how the earrings worked and how once they were on our bodies, they would connect with our souls. "Why go that far?", I asked. Both men frowned before I got what that meant. 

In case we die... 

I knew Gods were untouchable and even dubbed as immortals, but that was a false rumor. As Gods, we are given longer lifespans than humans but we are not immortals. Humans along with any other creatures that were created had the chance to kill a God and harvest their powers. The only creatures that were prone to poke fun at Death were the Immortals. The Gods that had committed something so distasteful that the Creators had made them unable to die. The ultimate punishment for any former human or God. The mere thought of seeing the ones you die before you over and over as you stay there, untouched by time made me want to shiver. "(Y/n)?", frowned Techno as he touched my shoulder. I remained calm before reassuring him that I was fine. Foolish reassured us that along with the bracelets that Sam had gifted us for our wedding, the earrings could help us communicate when we were too far away from each other. "Thank you again, Foolish. Here's your payment.", said Techno before handing him a pouch. Foolish smiled before bowing and excusing himself, we waved before I heard Wilbur stir in his bed.