Chapter 1

[2 Years later]

You were now 16 years old. You had still been living in the underground, stealing money and food once more. You were saving up in order to buy yourself a pass to get to the outside world.

After two years of stealing money and living in now the old filthy house that your friends and you lived in together, you finally made enough money to get above ground.

Once you got above ground you were planning on joining the Cadet Corps so you could get into the Survey Corps and find your friends that had been taken away from you.

-

You got an old suit case out from Levi's old room and started packing your stuff, along with a necklace Isabel wore. "I wonder how they all look like now, I kind of forgot." You said to out loud to yourself.

You finished packing and closed the suitcase. You grabbed and counted the money. "3,000" You said. "Should be more than enough."

You grabbed the suitcase and put the money away so no one would rob you. You walked out of Levi's old room and went back to the main area. "I'm going to miss this place." You told yourself walking to the front door.

You opened the front door and walked out, you closed the door behind you and ran as fast as you could to the stair case.

You finally got there, you saw a man standing there. "3,000" he said. You got the money out and gave him 2,000. He counted the money to see it wasn't enough. "This isn't enough, you cant-" You cut him off by punching him and running up the stairs.

You made it up the stairs and ran through the town trying to find a soldier. You kept running until you found a soldier. "Excuse me, where can i sign up for the Cadet Corps?" You asked him. "Right on time, that carriage right there is the last. Hurry up or it will leave without you." He said pointing at the carriage. "Thank you." You said and ran to the carriage. You got in and took a seat. The carriage started moving going towards the training grounds.

-

It took 3 hours to finally arrive. You got out and walked over to the commandant. "Hello sir, my name is Y/n L/n and i would like to join the cadet corps." You said putting your fist on your heart and the other arm behind you. "Very well, go to that cabin you'll be sharing with someone." He said pointing at the cabin. "Thank you, sir." You told him walking away to the cabin.

-

You walked into the cabin to see a girl with long raven black hair and black eyes, she was wearing a red scarf around her neck. "Hello, my name is Y/n L/n." you greeted her. "Nice to meet you, i'm Mikasa Ackerman." she said while unpacking her things. "Nice to meet you, i hope we get along." you told her with a smile. "Me too." she replied.

You walked to your bed and put down the suitcase, you opened it and started unpacking.

You put your clothes into your side of the drawers. You started to take Isabels necklace out. "I think i should wear this." You said out loud. "That's a pretty necklace, is it yours?" Mikasa asked. "No, it's one of my friends, she's in the Scouts." You told her. "Why didn't she take it with her?" She asked. "I'll tell you a bit later, alright?" you told her. "Alright." she responded.

You put the necklace on and kept unpacking.

-